Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DMuller
Newcomer I

CC Self-Study course material question

Interested to know if anyone purchased the textbook if you enrolled for the CC Self-Study program? I'm wondering if it is worth it or does it cover the exact same info as the self-study online material?

Does it have extra info?

And what about the self-study guide for those who did the instructor-led program?

Thanks

7 Replies
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Are you talking about this one?

I haven’t seen an official ISC2 book for it as yet but this was published end July.

It’s probably good to have - books have different qualities vs CBT, flash cards etc and depending how you learn it might be a great help. Remember the CC goes from 50 dollars to certify to much more expensive if you fail so it might be a good investment. If you see an official textbook perhaps you could share here? TQ
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Addendum there is a text based ebook from ISC2.

https://enroll.isc2.org/product?catalog=CC-EPUB-DESC

Personally I would not buy this as a) it states:

“This eTextbook is not intended as a study guide.”

Seems quite clear cut in putting itself out of the running.

Then b) if you read on you find it’s riddled with DRM and you need a special reader…

So I’d look at a lot of other options first.

Bduffy89
Newcomer II

I just bought the e-book and looks pretty close to verbatim of the self paced study set.  I really like the format though, I can study when I have down time at work from my phone or tablet now if there is no WIFI available 

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Glad it’s working for you. If it’s verbatim it’s probably the outline the course was developed from. It still states twice it’s not intended to be a study guide, but maybe it’s really good you could tell us afterwards?

Diana also mentioned a good point about a few sources - what you tend to find is courseware, books and everything else covers just about enough but seeing it from different perspectives can improve coverage and retention of information.

George_Falias
Newcomer I

Hi @DMuller and good luck with your exam. I passed the exam a month ago and yes, I've purchased the textbook you're referring to. I was enrolled to the self-study program. Whatever material you study for the exam, it surely helps. It's not an official guide for the exams but it does have some more details. If you need further info feel free to ask me.

rave007
Viewer

Aside from the study materials provided by ISC2 which is really great, I found it helpful to try the Udemy CC class. There's additional test exams there that might be helpful too.

Bduffy89
Newcomer II

Definitely will update post test. I also signed up for the tryhackme subscription, and it was nice to see these foundational components written in a slightly different format. In some cases I was learning about different aspects on one site then reviewing it again a few days later on the other platform.