Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Abudeeb
Newcomer I

How do you apply for an associate status?

Hello all
I just passed my CCSP exam. Can someone walk me through the process of becoming an associate. I can't find a page to apply or pay the membership fees on ISC2's website.
Thanks in advance
8 Replies
cindelicato
Contributor I

Congratulations on your passing.
Soon after your exam passing is certified by (isc)^2, you'll get information from them, including an application form. In the application form, you will cite the person endorsing you for your years of experience, which determines your Associate status.

Garyz
Newcomer I

Thank you for the information. I just have a quick question, what if I'm still a student, and I don't know anyone who can endorse me. Can I still apply for the associate of (ISC)² after I pass the CSSP exam?

tmekelburg1
Community Champion

This was in 2018 but it had me choose Associate when I scheduled the test through Pearson VUE. When I passed, it automatically went to Associate status.  

Abudeeb
Newcomer I

Thanks for your reply.
Would they notify me through email? Or do I have to check somewhere on the site?
cindelicato
Contributor I

You should get email and *then* paper mail documenting your status.
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello all! 

There are two ways to become an Associate. 

First is when you register for the exam, you can choose you want to be an Associate. After a pass, you'll get the "next step" email and log in to your account on our website and pay your $50 AMF to start your first year. 

If you didn't choose Associate before testing, then when you get your provisionally passed email to submit your endorsement application, you can select the Associate application instead of Endorsement. The system will submit the application and within minutes you can go online to pay the AMF to complete the process and start your first year. 

I hope this helps! If you need any specific help w/your account or application process, please pop an email over to membersupport@isc2.org

Abudeeb
Newcomer I

Thanks for the clarification Kaity.

It's been 5 days since my exam. How long does it usually take to get the email from the ISC2? The test is marked as "Passed" on Pearson VUE's website. Do I need to email support? or should I give it some time?

Thanks in advance

Kaity
Community Manager

Hello @Abudeeb 

Yes, please send an email to membersupport@isc2.org and attach a copy of your provisional pass letter from Pearson VUE.