Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Entry-Level Cybersecurity Certification Pilot Program

(ISC)² has begun the exciting process of exploring the creation of a new certification. To fill the cybersecurity workforce gap, we need to address the workforce shortage facing the industry, especially among entry- and junior-level positions. A foundational cybersecurity certification will help (ISC)² build a pathway to a rewarding career in cybersecurity for many around the world.

Have questions about this new certification? Sign up to be the first to know when exam registration opens and review the exam outline so you know what to expect on the exam.

https://www.isc2.org/Notice/New-Cert 

ISC2 Community Manager
8 Replies
nkeaton
Newcomer III

I so hope that this starts a path of it, the SSCP, and then CISSP and CCSP. I fondly call this Certification X as there are currently IX certifications on the books. I have been encouraging others to sign up as this is a great opportunity to do something good for our profession.
AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Registration is open!

Learn more: https://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/2022/01/isc2-entry-level-cybersecurity-certification-pilot-exam.html 

As a pilot program participant, you will help us evaluate the effectiveness of the exam and its ability to accurately assess candidates’ grasp of the subject matter (also called domains) on which the exam is based.

By passing the pilot exam, you will earn full certification at the conclusion of the pilot program.

The entry-level cybersecurity certification will prove to employers you have the foundational knowledge, skills and abilities necessary for an entry- or junior-level cybersecurity role. It will signal your understanding of fundamental security best practices, policies and procedures, as well as your willingness and ability to learn more and grow on the job. 

Have more questions? View the Frequently Asked Questions tab and register now at: https://www.isc2.org/certifications/entry-level-certification-pilot 

ISC2 Community Manager
Banitu2022
Viewer

Hello, I have finished the self-paced online study modules. I am lil lost in how to proceed next. I am not sure how to prepare for the exam. Could you please give me any advice what exactly to study and prepare for the exam other the content of the presentations? Is there any practice exams available? Just now I found this online community which I did not know it existed. Thank you for your help. 

nkeaton
Newcomer III

You should always refer to the objectives on any exam; that is what you are expected to know.  There is a practice exam at the end of the self-study course.  Also there may be material that you have not seen on the exam.  It is my understanding that half of the questions are beta (the organization calls them pre-test) which do not count for or against you.  Best wishes.  

Mawutor
Viewer

what is next for those awaiting the 8-12 weeks to know their fate?
nkeaton
Newcomer III

(ISC)2 did just announce in a couple of places that they had met their goal number of exam takers. The deadline is tomorrow, May 31, for taking the exam. The write-ups speculated that many were waiting until the last minute to take the exam. I would guess that there is still much work to do on psychometric examination and question validity in answers evaluations. I would guess that once the real name of the certification is announced that everything else will fall into place as far as awarding certifications and offering second chances to thise who failed.
snietzsche
Newcomer II

It looks like they extended the deadline for the pilot period. The ELCC Q&A was updated to the below:

Registration for the pilot exam remains open with appointments currently available until August 26, 2022 (previous close date was May 31).

This would imply that the new 8 - 12 week timeframe is late October or early November. As far as I can tell, there has been no official announcement beyond the update to the Q&A...

Kindof makes you wonder what the point of the recent 1,000 test milestone comment was about. Unless they still intend on delivering the results based on the May 31 close date, while keeping the pilot available for new test takers during the tabulation period.

@Kaity or @AndreaMoore - Could one of you clarify when we can expect to see results, based on the recent update to the Q&A?

AndreaMoore
Community Manager

Here is a blog with an update on the entry-level cybersecurity certification pilot: https://blog.isc2.org/isc2_blog/2022/06/update-on-entry-level-cybersecurity-certification-pilot.html

ISC2 Community Manager