Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
preshpearl
Viewer

cybersecurity internship jobs - paid or unpaid - remote

hello ..

I recently passed the CC and currently preparing to take SSCP

I will like to get links to organizations providing remote internship so I can build experience and skill in the field. 

5 Replies
foizu
Viewer II

Hey,

Whilst you are job hunting, to gain some experience there are some great simulations from real companies that you can try out and add to your resume - theforage.com.

preshpearl
Viewer

Thanks a lot... I will work with this
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Ok so you’re probably looking in Nigeria then, linked in search does throw up jobs in security but few internships if any and remote is unlikely.

You could try Canonical, they make the Linux Distribution Ubuntu, and the company has a progressive outlook and a viewpoint that might well be a fit. You could join open source projects and contribute code as a way to be recognised.

More here:

https://canonical.com/careers/career-explorer?_ga=2.189842157.790219105.1699026715-1159752088.169902...

Also, your best bet I think is getting any IT job you can with a decent company there.
preshpearl
Viewer

I currently live in Nigeria

I don't even mind unpaid internship , so long it is remote and I'll learn
That's what matters to me
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

I’m not so sure remote internships are that common in the industry - it’s just that security is sensitive and without experience it will be tough to provide mentoring, laptop and access, and set tasks if you’re working exclusively remotely. I have seen internships with a % WFH however. Where are you based? It would help anyone looking for an Intern as you’ll still need to be legally able to work where you intern, plus folk can recommend - for example I could help - but I’d really only be useful to you if you’re in Singapore.

A quicker route in might be to find an entry level IT job in a large company that you can move to the security function in. This is likely easier to get, and you’ll be paid.

Cheers/good luck!
preshpearl
Viewer

cybersecurity internship jobs - paid or unpaid - remote

hello ..

I recently passed the CC and currently preparing to take SSCP

I will like to get links to organizations providing remote internship so I can build experience and skill in the field.