Digital Hands currently has two openings for experienced Security Analysts. The locations are either Tampa FL or San Antonio TX. Currently operations are still remote due to Covid with no expected return to office date set. If you're not in either of the locations and still wish to apply, I would encourage you to do so and then discuss your location arrangements with HR. I would not be involved in that discussion.
Feel free to DM me here if you have any other questions.
Apply for IT Security Associate Analyst (Tier 2) - Remote using the link below:
Digital Hands career page
Working within Digital Hands’ Security Operations Center (SOC), the IT Associate Analyst tunes production alerts, acts as an escalation path for the first responders, and works on documentation and process improvement. The IT Associate Analyst monitors and responds to advanced threats within Customer environments, including alerts from: SIEMs, Firewalls, Vulnerability Scanners, IDS/IPS (host and network based), Application Control systems, and Anti-Virus software.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Respond to antivirus detections by performing scans, attempting remediation, and escalation as required.
- Multitask and prioritize work based on associated risk.
- Characterize and analyze network traffic to identify anomalous activity and potential threats to network resources.
- Coordinate with enterprise-wide cyber defense staff to correlate threat assessment data and validate network alerts.
- Create auditable evidence of security measures.
- Document and escalate incidents (including event history, status and potential impact for further action) that may cause ongoing and immediate impact to the environment.
- Implement IP blocks in customer firewalls to reduce attack surface.
- Examine network topologies to understand data flows through the network.
- Identify network mapping and operating system (OS) fingerprinting activities.
- Perform event correlation using information gathered from a variety of sources within the enterprise to gain situational awareness and determine the effectiveness of an observed attack.
- Provide timely detection, identification, and alerting of possible attacks/intrusions, anomalous activities, and misuse activities and distinguish these incidents and events from benign activities.
- Receive and analyze network alerts from various sources within the enterprise and determine possible causes of such alerts.
- Perform cyber defense trend analysis and reporting, including preparation of audit reports that identify technical and procedural findings, and provide recommended remediation strategies/solutions.
- Use cyber defense tools for continual monitoring and analysis of system activity to identify malicious activity.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or 3-5 years of experience in a SOC.
- Professional certifications such as CompTIA Security+, Network+, Linux+, or SANS GIAC GSEC, GCIH, and/or equivalent professional experience or education preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and hands-on experience with:
- The OSI model.
- Security tools and programming languages including:
- Security Management Systems (SMS).
- Regular Expressions/Powershell.
- Experience with network investigations reviewing endpoint logs, network traffic logs, and security solutions.
- Operating systems knowledge and systems administration skills for various versions of UNIX, LINUX, and Windows and ability to read and understand Windows logs.
- Strong knowledge of the various security solutions such as AV, IPS, IDS, SIEM, firewalls and proxies.
- Comprehensive understanding of Incident Response Handling procedures, and break the chain exercises.
- Information Security and Compliance industry standards and best practices.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND CHARACTERISTICS REQUIRED:
- A keen interest in security and the need for the confidentiality, integrity and availability of information and information systems to be maintained.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills. and the ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- High level of integrity, judgment and situational awareness.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with peers, across teams, and with management.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change.
- Capability of learning and performing all the activities that everyone on the shift does.
- Excellent customer service skills.