Provenance Technologies, Inc. (“PTI”) is a one-of-a-kind payments company that offers its customers the ability to use both fiat and cryptocurrency to legally transact within video game environments, virtual worlds and other unique online marketplaces. PTI is registered with FinCEN in the U.S., FinTRAC in Canada and is in the process of becoming a fully licensed money transmitter in all (required) U.S. states.
- Position Title: Sr. Security Operations Engineer
- Work Location: Remote (US)
- Employment/FLSA Status: Full Time/Exempt - US Citizens Only
- Reports To: Head of Security Operations
- Manages/Supervises: None
- Summary of Responsibilities:
As a key contributor to Provenance Technologies’ Security Operations, you will share responsibility for security incident response, vulnerability management, data loss prevention, log monitoring and alerting, digital forensics, penetration testing, network monitoring, log management, anti-phishing and malware, and threat assessment.
You will support the introduction, optimization, performance and effectiveness of various IT security-related programs throughout the company. You will alternate between hands-on configuration and assessment work, strategy work, and vendor/service management on a daily basis. From running a test phishing campaign to setting up honeypots; advising on new technologies to rearchitecting the perimeter - this role suits a creative, action-inspired individual with a wide range of interests and skills.
Other responsibilities may include securing cloud service and infrastructure accounts, virtual private networks, security groups and firewalls, authentication, and encryption where suited.
This position is often required to be accessible via phone (chat, SMS, slack, etc) when not in “the office” (everyone works from home) and have reliable internet access to perform work duties from home; after hours and weekend work for maintenance or other activities may be required; other duties as assigned.
In order to be successful at this role, we are looking for:
Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in information technology, information security, cybersecurity, digital forensics, incident response or other relevant fields
6-10 years demonstrated experience in cybersecurity or security operations roles
Demonstrated experience with multi-tiered security programs across multiple independent organizations
Excellent problem solving, analytical, and troubleshooting skills
Ability to triage security incidents from response to resolution
Experience in Cloud Server and Application architecture and administration
Extensive knowledge of computer security concepts, procedures and fluency in Mac, Linux and Windows based environments
Intellectual Property vulnerability management experience
Working knowledge of PCI (Payment Card Industry) standards
Demonstrated working knowledge of NIST CSF including Special Publication 800 series (e.g., NIST 800-53, NIST 800-63, and NIST 800-171), and other regulatory and legislative authorities; especially regulations affecting the financial industry from an IT and Security perspective
In addition, it is nice to have:
- Experience working with FinTech or MSP institutions
- Knowledge of cryptocurrency, NFTs, and blockchain technologies.
- Training, threat-hunting, and penetration testing skills
- Familiarity with security concepts in application and API development environments
- Expertise with securing AWS and/or GCP, especially in regards to containerization (Docker, Kubernetes, Fargate)
- Authentication (including multifactor) and encryption systems
- Working knowledge or experience in any of the following: Nessus, CrowdStrike, SSO, MDM, OSINT, Email Security (SPF, DKIM, DMARC).
- CEH, CISSP, CRISC, CISA or other relevant security certification
- A successful candidate will be required to complete a background check.
- Physical Demands & Work Environment:
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use the computer and communicate with coworkers in an office or home-office environment. The employee frequently is required to stand or sit to complete work and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
Provenance Technologies, Inc. seeks to maintain a diverse and welcoming workplace; therefore candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees in this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.