Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fjean28
Newcomer I

Looking for career advice (Open to Employment)

I am a highly motivated cyber security professional with a proven track record in successfully managing enterprise-level customer relationships in the field of cyber security. With in-depth knowledge of industry best practices, trends, and technologies, including threat intelligence, vulnerability management, and incident response, I am well-equipped to navigate the complex landscape of cybersecurity. LinkedIn Profile  

1 Reply
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Sounds like you should be providing the advice, go get ‘em tiger! 😉

I don’t think there are many if any regulars here with roles to hand out here, and from what I see on your profile you moved from an analyst role at Gartner to customer advocacy at a couple of vendors(which happens but is a little unusual). You’ve Identified your profile here, so it’s possible you caught the previous RIF at your last listed employer - if not I’d remove this post until you’re free or at least anonymise it as much as you can.

The question I guess you should look at is what you want to do next? CSM roles are covering a broad area, but tend to be focused on retention and if you wanted higher rune ration then pure sales roles are a little riskier but can fulfil that. Your profile doesn’t fit pre-sales that well but it might be an interesting challenge for you. Beyond that you might consider some sort of customer success leadership role if you’re happy but want to manage teams, and progress that way.

Certifications can help and I see you’ve got a CC recently, congrats! However for you this is a bit like getting a cycling proficiency badge when you’re already driving tracked vehicles and are a licensed crane operator. 🙂 CISSP or similar would be good to aim for and I see you use data, did research so BI tools might add something.

If you want to change career area and say go to end user it’s possible, but from experience can be bruising as cultures and modus operandi change hugely(I tried it for three years and hard noped out after giving it a fair shake).

Anyway you might want to share more about your situation and aspirations to get better tailored considerations, beyond general thoughts up top and you can always DM for things you’d prefer not to transmit.

Good luck!
Fjean28
Newcomer I

Looking for career advice (Open to Employment)

I am a highly motivated cyber security professional with a proven track record in successfully managing enterprise-level customer relationships in the field of cyber security. With in-depth knowledge of industry best practices, trends, and technologies, including threat intelligence, vulnerability management, and incident response, I am well-equipped to navigate the complex landscape of cybersecurity. LinkedIn Profile