About the Role:
As a Cyber Security Engineer I you will join a division of IT Professionals who are at the forefront of innovation in public schools. Your work will look to positively impact the youth of Los Angeles by analyzing, installing, operating, and maintaining a variety of cyber security controls and tools. Additionally you will perform cyber security operational tasks such as managing security incidents, functional reviews, validating findings, and recommending remediation processes
Duties will consist of:
- Analyzing, monitoring, and correlating security event information from logs, endpoints, networks, and cloud environments, across multiple systems, applications, and users to detect and mitigate external and internal threats.
- Regularly monitoring network security devices and systems to identify false positives and performing tuning to collect the right cyber security-related events
- Monitoring, installing, and upgrading security devices and controls, that manage the flow of information between networks of different trust levels in order to prevent attackers from exploiting District information assets
Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field. Qualifying experience in addition to that required may be substituted on a year-for-year basis provided that the requirement of a high school diploma or equivalent is met
Two years of recent experience in the engineering, installation, configuration, and maintenance of security devices for a large organization; such as next-generation firewalls, Virtual Private Networks, intrusion detection/prevention systems, multi-factor authentication, next-generation endpoint security, and Security Information Event Management systems.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent certification such as Cisco Cybersecurity Operations Fundamentals or Cisco Certified Network Associate (Security) is required and must be kept valid during the term of employment
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundation level certification is preferable
Paid premiums for your choice of several medical, dental, vision, and life insurance plans.
Membership in the California Public Employee Retirement System (CalPERS).
Two weeks of paid vacation to start. Three weeks after five years of year-round paid service
Paid Hourly Range:
$43 to $54
How to Apply:
For complete details and instructions on how to apply, visit https://lausdjobs.org/ click on “Apply Now” and “I AM A PROSPECTIVE EMPLOYEE” to find the role.
If you have any application questions/issues, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and/or call 213-241-3455