cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Darek
Viewer

Career opportunity for new CC

Hello All,

I just passed CC exam, and looking for job in cyber security. My location is Poland (Eastern Europe), south east od Poland - podkarpackie. I have business and administrative background, 20 years experience. 

Thanks for every opportunity.

1 Reply
Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Hi Darek,

Firstly, congrats on passing and make sure you complete the endorsement process.

I did some looking into how prevalent Certified in Cybersecurity is in job adverts, globally and frankly it's not very widespread, I'm sure ISC2 will get round to marketing it to HR/ the community but right now if you search for it in linked-in and other jobsites there's not much pull. If you have the time/resources, then CompTIA Security+ and even ISC2's SSCP might be more beneficial, your admin experience may map to the domains. It's glass half full but in balance your 20 years of experience I think will be more helpful and I'd push on with the learning.

I would say you are likely looking at service desk, systems administration roles, technical support/customer care, working in network/ ID management teams. Trying to find a role that has some security elements and moving towards them is a good approach.

The last thing if you are articulate, confident and used to presentations then working in sales, presales for a systems Integrator/Vendor Reseller could be an option, the fact that you've got the business experience makes me think that this might be a good path you.

The following skills will be useful:

• Sysadmin(Windows, Linux);
  • Networking(firewalls, routers, switches);
  • Scripting/programming/analytics.

It's a wide field, so listing you top three applicable skills, and tailoring them to the jobs you see advertised in your resume will help.

I'd also recommend looking across the EU if you are able to, Ireland in particular is fairly hot in comparison to other location and tends to have decent salaries and jobs they struggle to fill (all the folk I know who live in Ireland are from central and Eastern Europe).

You should reach also out to your local chapter who do mentoring and will steer you much better locally: (ISC)2 Poland Chapter – Official (ISC)2 Chapter (isc2chapter-poland.com)

SSCP experience requirements (your degree might help here as well): SSCP Experience Requirements (isc2.org) 

Feel free to PM with specifics.

Darek
Viewer

Career opportunity for new CC

Hello All,

I just passed CC exam, and looking for job in cyber security. My location is Poland (Eastern Europe), south east od Poland - podkarpackie. I have business and administrative background, 20 years experience. 

Thanks for every opportunity.