Application Support Analyst - Web
Job Opening Id:
Administration Corporate Services
Headquarters Campbell West
35.00 / week
$ 62,500.00 - $ 73,530.00
Serving a diverse urban and rural population of more than 430,000, Niagara Region is focused on building a strong and prosperous Niagara. Working collaboratively with 12 local area municipalities and numerous community partners, the Region delivers a range of high quality programs and services to support and advance the well-being of individuals, families and communities within its boundaries. Nestled between the great lakes of Erie and Ontario, the Niagara peninsula features some of Canada’s most fertile agricultural land, the majesty of Niagara Falls and communities that are rich in both history and recreational and cultural opportunities. Niagara boasts dynamic modern cities, Canada’s most developed wine industry, a temperate climate, extraordinary theatre, and some of Ontario’s most breathtaking countryside. An international destination with easy access to its binational U.S. neighbour New York State, Niagara attracts over 14 million visitors annually, as well as a steady stream of new residents and businesses.
Please note that the Niagara Region requires that all newly hired employees are to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of being hired and provide proof of full vaccination, or provide proof of a bona fide medical or Human Rights Code exemption on a form issued from and approved by Niagara Region.
The Application Support Analyst – Web will be required to work both in person at the work site and remotely.
Reporting to the Manager Applications, the Applications Analyst is responsible for identifying, planning and implementing enhancements to applications and business processes.
- Post-secondary degree in Computer Science. Formal training in application administration, report writing and quality management.
- A minimum of 3 years experience providing application and/or system administration support.
- Knowledge of data design concepts, entity relationships and SQL, Microsoft Office software.
Identifies, plans and implements enhancements to applications and business processes, including application, user and user group configurations, new module development and deployment, and application security, configuration.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, diagnoses and resolves application, security and business process errors and problems, working with vendors and IT staff as required to ensure issues are resolved.
- Monitors and reports on application use, security and application performance and provides management with recommendations and assistance in resolving issues and enhancing system performance.
- Identifies tests and makes modifications to applications to resolve problems or to modify or improve processes.
- Coordinates user acceptance testing in the business unit for new applications and upgrades.
- Identifies risks to applications and advises management on corrective actions.
- Identifies and investigates interface and integration problems in cooperation with IT, HR and Finance staff and vendors.
Designs, prepares and produces reports and ad-hoc queries to enable business unit decision-making.
- Ensures that accurate and up to date data and reporting is available to staff for preparing budgets, variance reporting and chargebacks and for a range of financial analyses.
- Identifies and analyzes performance metrics, themes and trends to support managers productivity and performance management decisions.
- Develops and executes audit reports in consultation with IT, Finance and HR staff, following up on findings, identifying gaps and areas where data integrity is questionable, and recommending procedures to correct to management staff.
- Coordinates and prepares various performance and benchmarking reports and surveys, such as OMBI, OGRA, MPMP, etc.
- Designs, produces and analyzes reports and performance metrics, recommending processes and strategies for greater divisional effectiveness, efficiency and performance.
Ensures internal/community adherence to IT Governance policies and standards of operation and information confidentiality.
- Develops and maintains procedures, manuals and documentation.
- Works with IT to conform to corporate standards and guidelines on behalf of the business unit.
- Delivers user support and training.
Analyzes, documents and provides feedback to management on current business processes and recommends improvements through process re-engineering or lean process improvement.
- Ensures design, implementation and communication of application improvements to ensure effective and efficient use of resources.
- Identifies and implements sustainable process, and cost saving initiatives, leading initiatives within the business unit and, in partnership and as a support resource to managers.
- Identifies issues that may arise from business processes and provides feedback on short and long term implications and methods to resolve.
Communicates information between the divisions and is the contact for application security, upgrades, issues and problems.
- Acts as the single point of contact for users within and external to the business unit, providing training and support.
- Acts as the vendor liaison within the business; participates in user groups.
- In accordance with the Corporate Criminal Record Check Policy, the position requires the incumbent to undergo a Criminal Records Check and submit a Canadian Police Clearance Certificate.
- Must maintain ability to travel in a timely manner to other offices, work locations or sites as authorized by the Corporation for business reasons.
- Regional staff strive to enable the strategic priorities of council and the organization through the completion of their work. Staff carry out their work by demonstrating the corporate values of service, honesty, choice, partnership and respect.
To view the full job description and requirements, visit our Careers page - Job Opening #30118
Uncover the wonder of the Niagara Region and join a team dedicated to meeting tomorrow’s challenges…..today! Let us know why you would be an excellent team member by submitting your online application no later than December 13, 2021, 2021 before midnight by visiting our ‘Careers’ page at www.niagararegion.ca. We thank all candidates for their interest however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.