Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ang
Viewer II

Webinar CPEs

Hi, what should I do if my webinar CPEs are not showing up in my credits?

13 Replies
amandavanceISC2

@ang Thank you for your inquiry. Are you referring to webinars viewed through BrightTalk such as the ThinkTanks, Security Briefings or From the Trenches? If so, these will typically be uploaded to your account within 5-7 business days. If you do not see them uploaded to your account within the 5-7 business day time frame, you may enter these manually under the self-study category for 1 CPE per hour of attendance. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

ang
Viewer II

Thanks Amanda, yes they were with BrightTalk and they haven't show up for over 2 weeks. Is there any way to link it so it happens automatically?

amandavanceISC2

@ang It is my pleasure! Unfortunately, the CPEs from BrightTalk don't always go in. If the webinar you are viewing asks for your ID, you will more then likely see the CPEs within that time frame; however, we ask to keep watch and if you do not see them within the time-frame to submit manually. I apologize for the inconvenience, this is something we are working to resolve.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

derekskaggs
Newcomer I

Thanks @ang and Amanda.  I am having the same issue with BrightTalk.

amandavanceISC2

My pleasure @derekskaggs and I apologize for the inconvenience. If you ever have any questions, please don't hesitate to send a DM.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

Arne
Newcomer II

Hi,

None of my BrightTalk Webinars got CPEs automatically so far.

So I tried to put them manually into my account via "Submit/Edit My CPE's".
There I faced the problem with the field CPE Type and vendor in case I selected
"Education Courses and Seminars". BrightTalk is not listed in the options.

I asked ISC for help and got the following answer:

"Please submit them as 'Multiple Domains Group A' and 'Self-study, computer based training, podcasts and webcasts'".

Hope this helps others with the same issue.

MarkyMark
Newcomer II

This was working for me until recently (automatically logging the CPE). My last one was logged in mid-Feb. I did just notice that the portal for CPE's have changed (I don't recall when I last logged in - but it was in 2018, so I'd say the change was within the last quarter?). Not sure if this has anything to do with it.

In fact, I'm having trouble manually logging my CPEs. I put in the date and hit 'begin' button, and get an error message. "Unable to read SObject's field value[s]"

amandavanceISC2

@MarkyMark I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing issues submitting your CPEs. If you could please send a screenshot of the error to membersupport@isc2.org, our team/management will look into your case. 

Regarding the the webinar CPEs, the new CPE portal update is not connected. Unfortunately, the CPEs will sometimes be submitted and sometimes they won't. 

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

MarkyMark
Newcomer II

Thanks for the quick response, Amanda. I was able to get it to work by refreshing the page. But I will certainly send a screenshot if it happens again. As for the new portal, is the lack of a connection something that's being worked on? Or is that just the way it is moving forward? 

And not to bring up an entire punch list of items...It's also very hard to view previous CPEs ub the new portal as they aren't sorted by date (or maybe I'm just overlooking how it's done). I see you can either get a PDF output, or a tiled output. And I can't figure out how they are sorted. Seems less user friendly then the old portal - especially if we have to manually check if a CPE has been posted. Sorry if this isn't the right forum for the feedback.