Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
netzwerg
Viewer II

Updated CPE Portal & Annual requirements

I just jumped on the portal to submit some CPE requests for podcasts.  It appears that the portal has a glitch that doesn't recognise that means it doesn't remove the 250-500 word "book review" requirement for the podcasts, which makes it quite painful to submit the request.  I have also found that if you are too close to either end (250 or 500), it glitches and tells you you haven't reached the 250-500 word limit.

248 Replies
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @d73freeman@ctfishing1, & @Thorsten

I wanted to reach out to all of you to ask you to send an email to membersupport@isc2.org with information about what is happening when you access the portal. Our Member Support team will be more than happy to help you while the team works on a permanent solution. 

Thank you, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
fortean
Contributor III

Folks,

Given the wealth of problems that many seem to have with the new software, a suggestion: do a roll-back. The things I've seen so far indicate that the software is in beta phase at best. Continuing to use this software damages our reputation and endangers proper registration of CPE's.

I fully appreciate the efforts being made by staff, kudos for that. But IMHO it's totally unthinkable that staff should start entering CPE's manually for the many thousand members that must try to register CPEs - so, pretty please, stop tinkering with the stuff and roll back the older, functional version.

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
denbesten
Community Champion

@forteanwrote:  a suggestion: do a roll-back.

Might or might not be a good idea. This is one of those decisions that requires first performing impact and risk assessments for both paths ("stay the course" vs "rollback"). The PR hit of a janky system might well be less than that of losing 3 weeks of CPE entries.

At a high-level, the decision probably depends on database compatibility between the old and new systems. If compatible, there may be value in keeping both the old and new interfaces active for a while.

If not, rolling back might require restoring 3-week old data and "backporting" (if possible) somewhere in the neighborhood of 200,000 CPEs.

fortean
Contributor III

@denbesten- some kind of impact and risk assessment.. well, that's normally done at the beginning of such a project to begin with and frankly, I don't see much evidence of it being done / executed. But I may well be wrong, let's hope so.

I am indeed assuming that the database and front-end are on separate tiers and also that the API / db structure has not changed (or at least some backward compatibility has been provided). So yes, indeed, it may well be an option to run both interfaces in parallel. I'd go for the old, rusty, but tested one.

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
Mat_Gilman
Viewer II

Hi there,

I have recently obtained my CISSP and want to start adding CPEs. From my members homepage I click on the submit CPE link and get the following error from salesforce:

We can't log you in. Check for an invalid assertion in the SAML Assertion Validator (available in Single Sign-On Settings) or check the login history for failed logins.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

erwindus
Contributor II

Thanks Amanda, did that just now. FYI: I wasn't trying to add/change CPEs, I just wanted to see what progress had been made.
JayCee
Newcomer II

Having used the new look portal a couple of times now I can't say I like it - preferred the old setup even though the new one looks much more in keeping with the site. I am sure I will get used to it...

Elvar
Newcomer II

Noticed that one of my CPE entries in the same state. Would be interested to know more.

JonLacey
Newcomer I

The CPE portal is not allowing me to add any CPE's - it seems to be stuck on a pending sceen - says two are pending but I never completed the first one and the second was a reattempt of the first..........

JonLacey
Newcomer I

This has been resolved by a support agent - the issue was because I was using Edge - changed the browser and all worked perfectly 🙂