cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cagatay
Viewer

Official Book fifth edition released

Dear all,

You have already announced new version for CISSP in April. In this reason, Have you considered that the exam book, will be changed ,  has currently fourth edition?

As soon as possible please , could you inform us?

Best regards.

Çağatay

27 Replies
Kaity
Community Manager

Hello!

We have more information on our website if you need it:

The Official (ISC)² CISSP Training Course (classroom-based and online-instructor led) will be available in April 2018.The Sybex CISSP Study Guide will be available in May 2018. The Official (ISC)² CISSP CBK, Practice Test Book and CISSP for Dummies will be available in the third quarter of 2018.

LDH
Newcomer I

It is May 23 and nothing is heard of the fifth edition book. Any updates on it's release?

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @LDH

The Sybex Study Guide is available now, and the CISSP Practice Test and CISSP for Dummies are on target to be released at the end of this month. For the Official Guide to the CISSP CBK, we are expecting a release in Q3. 

You can find updated links here for the resources that are available now.

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
LDH
Newcomer I

This seems odd; how can ISC2 expect people to pass the new exam when the CBK that it is based on will not be out for months? What do people do in the meantime?

joshua
Viewer

If we want to take the exam in September max, what can we do...what book we have to buy ?

amandavanceISC2

@joshua The fifth edition of the CISSP CBK will not be released until sometime in Q3. Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA on the exact release date. If you are looking to take the exam by September latest, I would suggest reviewing the fourth edition of the CBK and the newer Study Guide. Please note, changes were minor and all (ISC)² exams are experienced based.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

alissabama
Viewer

It's now Q3. I called CRC Press who also said they have no history of a 5th Edition existing for this book. Is there a release date yet?  

I need this book to begin preparing our students to pass the exam in September. Should I go ahead and pursue a different option?

amandavanceISC2

@alissabama Thank you for your inquiry. The CISSP CBK 5th Edition will be released by the end of Q3 (around September). Unfortunately, we do not have an exact date of release at this time.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

LDH
Newcomer I

It's 26 September, four days till the end of 3Q; any update on the release date?