cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Baechle
Advocate I

Forum change request: Default sort from "Top Kudos" to "Recent Activity"

Sir/Ma'am;

On behalf of a few members of the community, I would request a change to the default sort on the main page to that of "Recent Activity" from "Top Kudos".  Several of us believe that it is more relevant to engagement.

cc: @Dain @rslade

Thank you for your time and attention.

Sincerely,

Eric B.

4 Replies
SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hello @Baechle

Thanks for posting about this. I'll look into this and bring it to the team.  In the meantime, if there are any other Community members who wish to see the same, keep it as is, or want to see something else on the homepage, please feel free to reply below. I'd love to hear your thoughts! 

Thanks, 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
Baechle
Advocate I

@SamanthaO_isc2 wrote:

Hello @Baechle

Thanks for posting about this. I'll look into this and bring it to the team.  In the meantime, if there are any other Community members who wish to see the same, keep it as is, or want to see something else on the homepage, please feel free to reply below. I'd love to hear your thoughts! 

Thanks, 

As an update to this, I frequently view the Community using a smart phone.  Using a smart phone, I am unable to use the drop down at all to change the sort/view order.  Therefore I am stuck with only "Top Kudos" which is practically useless in finding recent conversations and makes accessing the Community via mobile much less valuable.

Sincerely,

Eric B.

SamanthaO_isc2
ISC2 Former Staff

Hi @Baechle

I do not have any update on this right now, but it is something that is on our radar still. The top of each category (the top-level options in the navigation bar) and each board should show the topics that have the latest activity. Although this is not from the entire Community, hopefully, it is at least helpful to see this on a more narrowed down basis. 

Samantha O'Connor
(ISC)² Online Community Manager
denbesten
Community Champion

@Baechle wrote

Using a smart phone, I am unable to use the drop down at all to change the sort/view order.  Therefore I am stuck with only "Top Kudos".

This happens to me too using my Kindle Fire with the Chrome browser.  However, it works fine when using touchscreen on my Windows 10 laptop plus Chrome.  If Lithium needs assistance troubleshooting or reproducing, feel free to give them my contact information.

I too would rather see "recent activity" be the default.