Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Badfilemagic
Contributor II

CSSLP (or other) groups

I see there is a CISSP-only group now. I have a CSSLP also, so I assume if there were a group i’d be able to see it.

Is there a reason not to have groups marked out for the other certs or concentrations just yet?
-- wdf//CISSP, CSSLP
2 Replies
Baechle
Advocate I

@Badfilemagic wrote:
I see there is a CISSP-only group now. I have a CSSLP also, so I assume if there were a group i’d be able to see it.

Is there a reason not to have groups marked out for the other certs or concentrations just yet?

Honestly, I think it's a holdover from when the CISSP was the only certification offered, and therefore the only (ISC)^2 membership conduit.

IMHO it's pretentious at this point to have a CISSP-only forum.  Possibly a Certified Member-only forum might've been a more appropriate evolution?

What do you think?

Sincerely,

Eric B.

Badfilemagic
Contributor II

I think having a CISSP-only forum is probably redundant. Other than SSCPs or “Associates,” I’m not sure how many people aren’t also CISSPs in addition to cloud, software, health, etc. — and of course all the concentrations require it. 70k+ CISSPs in the US and less than 1300 CSSLPs, a CISSP forum really just seems like “all the people”

I maintain my CISSP, but expect my career from here on out to be inside the lane of CSSLP from here on out. 5000 articles about GDPR aren’t going to interest me; talking about automated static analysis tools will. Finding the very few other CSSLPs out of the haystack would be helpfull
-- wdf//CISSP, CSSLP