cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davidwaynemills
Newcomer II

CISSP endorsement application without proof of employment

Hi,

I recently submitted a CISSP endorsement application.  When filling out my Job Description, there was a button at the bottom for me to upload proof of employment.  At the time, I didn't have something to upload, so I just clicked "Save and Continue" with only the job description.  Later on I figured out how to request/receive an electronically-signed Verification of Employment (VoE) letter from HR, but then when I went back to the saved Endorsement application and navigated to the Job Description page, there was no longer an upload option offered.   

I went ahead and submitted the application and it is awaiting review by the CISSP endorser.  At what point in this process, if any, will I be asked to upload proof of employment?

Thanks,

Wayne

10 Replies
Ben_Malisow
Contributor II

Hi, Wayne-- I've been an Endorser for several CISSP and CCSP applicants, and, frankly, I've never either been offered nor needed a verification of employment; using the Endorsement guidelines from ISC2, I contacted each of the references (by phone or email) and validated that the candidate did perform the tasks listed in the job description on the application form, during the dates listed. That sufficed for the purpose. So I would say: it's great to have that proof of employment, but should not be expressly necessary.

Congrats on passing the exam, by the way, and welcome to the club.

davidwaynemills
Newcomer II

thanks Ben!
amandavanceISC2

@davidwaynemills Congratulations on passing the CISSP! Not to worry about the proof of employment. When an individual has an endorser, the proof of employment section is voluntary. If an individual does not have an endorser and is requesting (ISC)² to act as their endorser (endorsement assistance), this is when proof of employment is required for (ISC)² to validate your work experience. All endorsement applications are subject to random audits. If your endorsement is randomly selected, the (ISC)² endorsement staff will contact the previous employers listed on your application to complete the audit process.

If I can be of further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to me directly.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

avance@isc2.org

davidwaynemills
Newcomer II

thanks Amanda!
Nashe
Viewer II

I am struggling with getting to the endorsement form. Kind send url. Tried this and it seem not to be working. https://www.isc2.org/Endorsement

Early_Adopter
Community Champion

Working for me with latest iOS safari on iPad could you try with another browser?

amandavanceISC2

@Nashe That is the correct link for the Endorsement application. Please try using a different browser (preferably Chrome), on a home network. Please also be sure you are logged in using your primary email address on file. 

Best Regards,

Amanda

OS22783
Newcomer II

I had to dig back almost 20 years for any proof of my employment since I was employed with the same company for that long. I just provided what I had, Since none of the people I worked with were even employed with that same company and I had moved on a few years ago I was uncertain if they would need more and simply added notes that asked them to just let me know if I could provide anything else. I was able to get a few people offering to endorse me so I think the endorsement can help if you don't have a log of employment proof from a long time ago.

Will a redacted "SSN" W2 work as proof of employment? I ask because that wasn't one of the examples given and that is all I have from my past employers.

Thank you