Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GerryS
Contributor II

What are you doing for CyberSecurity Awareness Month?

With October being CyberSecurity Awareness Month I'm just wondering if your Chapter is participating and what you are doing.

The theme, schedule, and resources can be found at

CyberSecurity Awareness Month

In 2021, CISA and NCSA will focus on the following areas in our promotions and outreach:

• Week of October 4 (Week 1): Be Cyber Smart.
  • Week of October 11 (Week 2): Phight the Phish!
  • Week of October 18 (Week 3): Explore. Experience. Share. – Cybersecurity Career Awareness Week
  • Week of October 25 (Week 4): Cybersecurity First

Use the hashtag #BeCyberSmart before and during October to promote your involvement in raising cybersecurity awareness.

For our Chapter we usually post a weekly message with a hint, tip, trick or reminder that can be shared by members to all.

For our first week post we asked our members to go out and share their knowledge and speak to someone or a group to assist improving their CyberSecurity posture.

We'll be sharing tips and encouraging members to share their knowledge throughout the month.

The best knowledge is shared knowledge!

2 Replies
mrcpuhead
Newcomer I

This year is the first I can recall in which my organization was not actively promoting cybersecurity awareness. I wonder if it has to do with resource constraints (most likely), ongoing effects of the pandemic, and/or the assumption that we as a cyber organization don't need extra awareness...what I call the "every day is cybersecurity day" syndrome.

My son's high school and the elementary school where my wife teaches are not observing the month according to them. Seems like school is where this is most needed.

Thoughts? 

GerryS
Contributor II

Not that surprising to hear. In my opinion I feel like constraints due to budget, staff shortages, the pandemic, etc. are all having an impact.

This should really be being pushed in our education system at all levels.

Just like building in security from the start we need to have security taught and brought in as early as possible with students.