cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyberman6877
Newcomer II

Recommendation for CISSP Training Provider in Vancouver

Hi All,

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post this question but I am new to Vancouver and interested in attending a CISSP classroom based bootcamp in Vancouver to prepare me for the CISSP exam.

Any recommendations for a local training provider in Vancouver?  I looked at SANS, they are super expensive and will not be running a course in Vancouver until June this year.  I plan to take the exam in April and therefore looking to take training either in February or March.  I noticed ISC2 do no offer any training in Vancouver, the nearest location is Seattle which will add additional costs (Hotel, Flight).  So I am looking for a local and reputable provider in Vancouver.

Any recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Thank you

Cyberman6877

3 Replies
garyd
Viewer II

Have you considered self study? Several of us haven taken and passed the exam without taking a class because it already requires a minimum of five years of experience to be eligible for accreditation. There are some great resources online, in books, and with tools like practice exams and mobile device based quizzes. I also recommend joining a Facebook group like "CISSP Exam Preparation - Study Notes and Theory" because most folks there are also doing their own studies and have a lot of recommendations on what materials to use. The official CBK books tends to float at the top of most lists I've seen posted there. Also, you mentioned wanting to take the exam in April but the 15th of that month is when the new exam outline goes into effect. Be sure to see the Domain Refresh FAQ for more details.

amandavanceISC2

@Cyberman6877 Congratulations on taking the first steps to pursue the CISSP certification! (ISC)² offers three types of training seminars, Classroom-based, Online Instructor-led, and self-paced. If you are not able to find a classroom-based seminar in your area, you may be interested in an Online Instructor-led seminar, or even our self-paced training.

The Online Instructor-led courses are offered in weekday courses (8 hours over 3-5 days), weekend courses, evening courses, as well as multi-week courses. Our self-paced training provides learners with course content for 120-days from the time of purchase.

We also have a few self-study items you may be interested in, including Interactive Flashcards that are at no cost to the candidates. Here is a link to the different Official (ISC)² CISSP books offered. 

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to our sales team at training@isc2.org.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

rpenner
Viewer III

Hi Cyberman6877

I enrolled and participated in the online boot camp CISSP course two years ago.  It was a very good experience.  The instructor was very knowledgeable and provided extra study resources along with the included PDF version of the CBK textbook and flashcards.  I also purchased a CISSP exam prep app and used practice questions on quizlet.