Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markorz
Newcomer I

North America Chapter Groups

How does one create a chapter? In the entire state of NY there's one chapter (Long Island) and it's closed to new members.

3 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

Check out this website

(ISC)² Start A Chapter (isc2.org)

or email:

chapters@isc2.org <chapters@isc2.org>;

Additionally there are multiple chapters in NY.

JoePete
Advocate I

@markorz wrote:

How does one create a chapter? In the entire state of NY there's one chapter (Long Island) and it's closed to new members.

I'd start by contacting the ISSA chapters - there are five in New York. In my geographic area/experience, the ISSA chapter's roots run a little deeper than the local (ISC)2 one. Not surprisingly, they all have a lot of the same faces. Of course, the challenge then becomes convincing the people who already belong to one local security group to help you start another. In that regard, I think something you should consider is what need will your chapter fill. The local chapters are a great way for people to find endorsers/mentors and maybe some test prep roundtables.

sgrover
ISC2 Former Staff

Hi Mark,

Thank you for reaching out. I apologize for the confusion. We do have multiple chapters in New York; Long Island Chapter, Central New York Chapter, and New York Metro Chapter. Here are the contact emails:

Central New York: president@isc2chapter-cny.org

New York Metro: contact@isc2chapter-nymetro.org

I am not sure where it shows that Long Island Chapter is not open to new members. I will reach out to them as well, but if you could provide more information to me on where you have seen this, I would appreciate it. 

Please do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions, the best way to contact us is chapters@isc2.org

Thank you,

Sarah Grover

Chapter Relations Manager