cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cyberman6877
Newcomer II

New CISSP Exam 15th of April

Hi,

I have a question, from what I understand, the CISSP exam is going to incorporate the new content officially from the 15th of April yet the new material does not come out until 15th of May!!

How are we supposed to take this exam yet the material itself will not be available for another month?  See below link which indicates the book will not be available until 15th of May!

https://www.amazon.ca/CISSP-Certified-Information-Security-Professional/dp/1119475937/ref=sr_1_1?ie=...

Can somebody please explain to me how this works?

Many thanks!

3 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Reportedly, the changes are minor updates to keep things fresh.  You should be fine studying even with old books.

I was in a similar circumstance 3 years ago, as CISSP changed from 10 to 8 domains.  It was a much bigger change than today's.  None of the third-party reference material had been reorganized, so it technically was outdated, yet it was the only thing available for my studies.  Like you, I worried about the differences. Since the exam is more "conceptual" and less "detail", you probably will not even realize that there was a mismatch.   I didn't.

If you feel that the books are simply reinforcing your on-the-job experience, you will likely do well.  Problems come about when one tries to use the book(s) as substitute.

pcarner
Newcomer II

I have a different question but on the same topic. I have booked my exam for April, 11th but I wanted to make sure that the exam content does indeed change only from the 15th... I would not like to get a nasty surprise since it is quite close to the date!
Beads
Advocate I

Works the same way it did back in what... December and countless other times before hand. The format may change a bit but the overall questions and material does not. I have been quoted many times that security changes on the hour, day after day. Nothing new there.

Think of it this way. Your still testing on fairly "old" material as there is no way we could possibly test on the latest trends and functions within security itself. Then again, you can always wait for a horde of authors to pre-digest the material for you before sitting for the exam.

Either way its just an adjustment not a sea change.