Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RogerClark
Viewer

How to Collect Dues for a Chapter

Hello.  I am new to this exchange so perhaps I need a pointer as to how to find information if it is already available.

I am interested in hearing about methods that ISC2 chapters are using to collect and handle chapter dues.

I am the membership chair of the Tampa Bay chapter.  It has recently come to our attention that we need to design a competent method of collecting dues in as automated of a process as necessary.

If anyone has any suggestions I would certainly appreciate your sharing.

I searched using terms such as 'how to collect dues for a chapter' but regardless of my searches the only replies I receive are links to the Infosecurity magazine.  I suspect I'm doing something wrong...

Thanks in advance for any help,

Roger Clark

4 Replies
Caute_cautim
Community Champion

@RogerClark  As a member of ISACA as well.  I like the approach they use directly, when you pay your annual fees, one is asked to tick the box for the local Chapter as well at the same time.   I find this most convenient, rather than having to encourage or cajol local members to pay their subscriptions on time etc.

This is my personal view as President of the Local Auckland Chapter in New Zealand.

Why can't we have this approach for ISC2 too?

Regards

Caute_cautim

RRehm
Newcomer II

there are two A's missing.

one before and one after the C.

Chuxing
Community Champion

@Caute_cautim one difference is that ISACA requires you to join a local chapter, whereas ISC2 does not. I personally do no more like ISACA forcing me to join local chapter, because my local chapter exists in name only, has absolutely no value to my profession.

@ChuxingI agree in principle.   However, it depends on how active the local chapter, having set up a chapter in Auckland, New Zealand and keeping it going on a monthly basis is a team effort.   Having a means of encouraging people to pay the subscriptions helps the chapter keep going, but offers benefits to the members as well.   I appreciate your thoughts respectively.

Regards

Caute_cautim