Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Phobos1968
Newcomer I

Coordination of the fees renewal for chapter's members

Hi all, I hope you are doing fine in these complex times.

I happen to be the (ISC)2 Chapter membership officer (super honoured and happy). I have been tasked to suggest a way to offer a scalable and efficient way to handle members' subscription fees renewal. I've thought something like a fixed date every six months but then I wonder how I manage the proportional amount of the fee itself. 

My question is: how do you do it? Could you share with me some advice please?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Wish all a great rest of your week.

3 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

First, thanks for volunteering....the membership needs folks like you.

As to the fees, when I was with ISSA, we decided to use a fixed date for the fees.  So the question was how did we get everyone on the same date......we divided the fee by 12 (we met monthly) and pro-rated the fees.........so if you are charging $25 a year, the monthly fee would be (25/12) = 2.08 a month (roughly), we then picked out date (let's say June 1 ).  From there calculating the fees was just math on a spreadsheet.

This is only one way.

I hope others with opine here and say what they do.

Regards

d

Phobos1968
Newcomer I

Dear d (sorry don't know your name),

thank you very much for this practical help: you made my day!

I wish you a great Friday and weekend.

God bless you always.

Best,

Carlo

dbones202
Newcomer II

Our chapter used our website to collect fees and act as a subscription pay gate. Our membership fee is annual and gives you a 1 year membership. The website doing the work, simplified a few things, including taking payments and allowing for re-billing.

Donovan