Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James
Contributor I

Chapter Training & Prep Sessions

I'm curious to know what other chapters have done when it comes to CISSP, SSCP, etc training classes or Prep Sessions?

Do you bring in a trainer or use chapter members for a one or multiple day training class?

For the prep sessions (1/2 day) do you have an official ISC2 trainer, or someone from the chapter or someone brought in?

We're are in the early stages of our building up our education program and I'm curious to know how other chapters deliver or provide these events to their members!

Thanks in advance!

James

President, Central Florida

3 Replies
Lamont29
Community Champion

Excellent point @James! I am going to have engage the Chicago Chapter and get going on this!

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
jonchristie
Viewer

Hi James,

The Ottawa, Canada chapter is in a similar position as Central Florida. We've started engaging (ISC)2 on how best to establish curriculum and offer courses in support of (ISC)2 certifications.

Local training providers tend to offer limited and very costly options; we'd like to intervene and offer more value, while growing our dwindling membership base.

I'll post any relevant updates as I can as we work through this.

Thank you,

Jon 

President, Ottawa Chapter

jinxpuppy
Newcomer II

Hi James,

I would love to find out how you make training options available to your members.

The (ISC)2 New Jersey chapter had partnered with (ISC)2 and provided in person training previously.

Our chapter president Gurdeep Kaur, CISSP had reached out to (ISC)2 and obtained authorized trainers and course materials.

Eight chapter members signed up for the training.

It was hugely successful.

Thanks,

Niloufer

MembershipChair, New Jersey