Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
James
Contributor I

Central Florida (ISC)2 November 2017 Chapter Meeting

WOW - what a night!!  We had a packed room of attendees for our November Evening Event, who enjoyed some yummy food from the Meatball Stoppe!  It was fantastic to have Wes Simpson, the Chief Operating Officer present "From 10% to 100% in the cloud", an insightful look into the way that (ISC)2 themselves moved to the cloud!  He lead a great discussion with the members afterward about the ups and downs of such a move and it's impact on staff, the customers and morale overall.  A great topic and certainly timely with today's environments.

As Chapter President, I was humbled to have been presented the Julie Peeler Franz "Do it for the children" award in front of the membership that were in attendance.  I wasn't able to be in attendance for the ISLA awards in Austin, so Pat presented it to me at the meeting.  While I may not have been in a large room with 2000 people, it was more rewarding to be recognized in front of the membership that I serve.  It was fantastic to also receive a Fender electric guitar too!! WOW!!! 

My favorite question afterwards was:

Member: "So, do you play guitar",

Me:          "I do now!"

A great evening, a great event and great members of Central Florida!  I look forward to seeing you in December at our trifecta networking event with ISSA & ISACA!

IMG_4699.jpgIMG_4708.jpgIMG_4710.JPGIMG_4718.jpgIMG_4723.jpgjfpaward-6.jpgWes Simpson.jpgJames_Pat_JFP Award 2.JPG

2 Replies
SLMoulden
Newcomer I

Well deserved James, and congratulations again!

dmoulden
Newcomer I

I'll second that.  well deserved!