cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Admarnelson
Newcomer III

guarantee my life for cissp

Hello Guys!

Friends, I really want to know if it is possible to change my destiny and my life having the CISSP certification?

first all; I want real life advice:

I finish my high school in 2013 in IT Security and Management speciality and I current just enroll certifications on cybrary.it webpage, i want to leave my country (Angola) because i don't see my position here, I don't feel good this country. I have deep knowledge about Security but no certifications official, i want get cissp certification after this leave but I'm afraid to leave and don't find work.

My plan is to get cissp, sscp, cisco cyberops, csa+, Linux+, ccna sec, and others

if i have only Cissp for a while can i Leave my country and find job? in EU, or Canadá or US

so my friend what you advice me.

remember i'm 34 years old

waiting for answer

37 Replies
fortean
Contributor III

Hello, @Admarnelson,

if you would or would not find (security related) work in another country if you obtain the CISSP - well, that's a question I can't answer, and I guess nobody can. For what it is worth, I would not base a decision to leave my homeland on such an assumption.

However, obtaining the CISSP (or the Associate, if you do not have sufficient experience) will at least proof that you know a lot about information security and will probably heighten your chance to find work, be it in or outside Angola. I am aware of the difficult situation your country is in, but can only hope your new president will create a more open en benevolent atmosphere, in which information security professionals can thrive. Adhering to our standards and ethics will no doubt be challenging, but in the end you and your country may benefit from it.

So, my advice: yes, by all means, study hard and obtain the CISSP credential. But don't get your hopes up that that will give you an easy way out of your country. It will, however, make you part of a larger international community and may help you improve the situation in Angola.

Good luck!

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
Lamont29
Community Champion

Information Security careers here in the United States commonly entail access to very sensitive information. It’s difficult for non-citizens to obtain these positions, especially as you are originating from a foreign country. By all means, do pursue the CISSP, but the certification is meant for personnel who are experts in many areas of security and risk management. Hiring personnel whose background would be difficult to verify is in itself a security risk.

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
nagarajan
Contributor I

Earning a CISSP is always great. Backup your profile with real good tech skills in any of the security domains that you have worked/studied deeply.

Go for some good training on Cloud as its picking up.

Regards,
Nagarajan Viswanathan (Raj)
Bertikus
Newcomer III

An engineer from NASA once told me there used to be a time when it was about what you know.  Now it's more about what you can prove you know.  Certs are Degrees will definitely open doors and CISSP opens a few of them.  Getting training and knowledge is always good but don't think for a second that a piece of paper will change your life.  Your motivation is the only thing that will change your life.  When others are on the couch watching tv, you study.  My advice, keep studying, keep reaching out, get the certs, I would start with something smaller than cissp and move up.  I've noticed when studying for the CISSP that there was info from SEC+, CCNA and several others.  It is truly a cert that shows you know your stuff: but with no experience it will be much harder out the gate.

Viewer III

Hello Guys

I have read responses of colleagues in these community in respect to Admarnelson request and helpless position, none have really given him direct assitance as what his looking for. In my own opinon, I feel that a community like these ours of common body of knowledge, skill, professional, passion and desire could have creat room for some people like this, that really need job or work opportunity assitence.The cost, hard work, sleepless night,whole lot of books to study before the concept of each domain can graped, distance from family and friends expirenced befored one can comfortably sit and pass CISSP exam, is not supposed to end as paper cert. He or she should be encouraged, assisted to creat room for him to be employ, and to enable him get the required expirence he needed in the field. Expirence does not come from the moon, one needed to get job, and from there build up his or her expirence.We all are human and coming from different countries,locations and backgrounds,one can be of help to each other, I maintained. CISSP is a gold cert we know, Information Security is also a sensitive office we know, but ones integrity, hnoesty, passion etc can be tested and helped.

fortean
Contributor III

Dear @90, there is no magic wand that instantly converts a person into a certified information security worker. The steps are simple: visualise, work, realise, earn.  Note that 'earn' is the last step, not the first.

--
Heinrich W. Klöpping, MSc CISSP CCSP CIPP/E CTT+
dkanugula
Viewer II

I suggest you the following :

1) CISSP has different value -  Please  Complete.

2) Try understanding DevSecOps and AWS Cloud  concepts

3) Have a focus on Secure Software development life cycle

This will help you to consolidate as Cloud security professional  which has good demand.

Touch base with me if you need any guidance  @ https://www.linkedin.com/in/rambabu-kanugula-123a9311/

Admarnelson
Newcomer III

Thank you for support, I would like to clarify in more detail, but not in this open forum, however i thank you for info

Admarnelson
Newcomer III

thank you for informations, i fell able to cissp exam, i have sufficient knowledge for cissp and security informations or cybersecurity