Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stpn2me
Newcomer III

Who has the most ISC2 Certifications?

Ok, how many ISC2 certs do you have. I have two, the CISSP and the CAP. I plan on getting the CCSP and maybe a sub cert of the CISSP later on...

14 Replies
Radioteacher
Community Champion

As of last month, I have two.  CISSP and the CCSP.  This seems like a popular combo.

Paul

Stpn2me
Newcomer III

Yep, about the best combo out there! Congrats..

Caute_cautim
Community Champion

I have two ISC2 certifications CISSP and ISSAP, all of are remarkably useful in my current role and are likely to be more widely recognised especially as now the Open Group is formally looking at recognising the role of Security Architect, which is under development.  I am looking to study for the CCSP as it is relevant to my role within my organisation.   It also have direct correlation with Digital Transformation strategies facing organisations in terms of relevancy.   Even if you only have a single ISC2 certificate, hopefully through hard earned work and development, you will have achieved one of the most important milestones in your career.  Well done.  

CISOScott
Community Champion

I just have one ISC2 cert, CISSP.

I also hold Sec+ and Net+ but took them first in order to prepare for the CISSP, so they were building blocks that helped me pass the CISSP the first time through. I then got CEH because I was interested in that area. I took ITIL because it was available and I wanted to streamline my helpdesk. I let my CEH expire due to difficult CPE process but will probably recertify. I may also go with some SANS in the future. Also CCSP will be in the future just because that is where we are going as an industry.

I usually only list the CISSP after my name, but include the others on resumes or bring them up in the interviews.

kmjordan
Newcomer II

The CISSP + <something> seems like the trend here.  That's reasonable, given that there are over 120K CISSP holders and only about 16K that hold all the other (ISC)² certifications combined, according to the Oct 2017 membership counts.  As part of that 16K minority, I thought I'd add some variety with a different combo: CSSLP and SSCP (pending - I provisionally passed the SSCP exam and was endorsed earlier this month, and am now waiting on (ISC)² processing).  Hopefully this will conclude my Year+ of Certification!  I passed my CSSLP exam back in Oct 2016, and the SSCP will be my 5th certification since then, though only the 2nd from (ISC)².  While I was in the multiple-choice test-taking mind set, it seemed best to complete all the relevant certifications.  🙂

Since I am not primarily a security professional, but rather a software/database developer and occasional administrator, the CISSP is not in my current career plan.  Instead, my Oracle certification count (those other 3 certifications) is higher than my (ISC)² one!  But those are the certifications most relevant to my particular work.

Kim

--- Kim Jordan, CSSLP, SSCP