Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: Whats a great compliment to the CISSP?

I just earned my CISM certification and I feel that it really complemented my CISSP knowledge.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Viewer III

I think like others have stated, it depends...

Depends on where you want to go with your security career. Remember that CISSP is not an in the field technical type of certification, more of a management level. Other management level certifications would be valuable to look at, PMP comes to mind as well as CISM, CRISC, CGEIT. Almost anything cloud relate is worth looking at, like the AWS Certified Solutions Architect.

I would say that it is a question that many can advise, but only you can decide what is "great" in your individual case.

Good luck!

Kerry LeBlanc
https://www.linkedin.com/in/kerryleblanc/
Highlighted
Newcomer I

I debated between the ISSMP and CISM certificates.  The CISM is widely know but ISC2 does a pretty good job on advertising their brand.  I will pursue the ISSMP so it's under one governing body makes it simplistic on uploading CPEs.  

US Army Veteran - CISSP

It's not a matter of IF but a matter of WHEN. What are you going to do when it happens?
Highlighted
Newcomer I

What’s your desired path and where are you now? I think the CISSP was great for early career growth, but after that you are going to have to choose your paths. Compliance, management, cloud, Devops, bleeding edge, on the ground? People talk of creating your own personal brand - you can do this through how you certify as well. My track is ISSMP, CISM, CRISC, CCSP and the new, much maligned, C|CISO.
Highlighted
Viewer II

For a moment I thought that indeed this was about complimenting a CISSP for a job well done Smiley Happy

Now, as far as complementary certifications go, given the highly technical aspect of CISSP, I found that CISM and CRISC cover the fuzzy GRC aspects on the IT security business, an area that the typical security engineer prefers to avoid. The CISM material covers maybe 75% of the CRISC (and some say CISA as well).