cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bughunter449
Newcomer I

What next after CISSP

Hello All,

What certification can we go for next after CISSP, any suggestions?

Regards

14 Replies
Steve-Wilme
Advocate II

It depends very much on how you'd like to develop your career.  There are of course the 3 CISSP concentrations in architecture, engineering and management.  You could also take the cloud certification or also look at the CSA certification in the same area.  A number of people follow the path to auditing security so look at ISACA CISA, ISO 27001 Lead Auditor etc, but it depends how you'd like to develop in the future.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Steve Wilme CISSP-ISSAP, ISSMP MCIIS
ahhann
Viewer II

Depend on where you want to be security for the next 5 years. Personally, I'm looking to secure CCSP for the sake of trend. Cloud solution replacing traditional on-premise infrastructure is inevitable.

Thalpius
Newcomer III

I think you mean CCSP? And I agree. CCSP is the most valuable cert after CISSP if you ask me.

ro83
Newcomer III

You can choose one of three CISSP concentrations for your next big thing. Which one to choose depends mainly of your job profile. I am preparing for the CISSP exam at the moment, but my personal next big things are CMU SEI Software Architecture, TOGAF, AWS Solution Architect PRO and also I would like to continue my master studies in IT.  

CISOScott
Community Champion

I agree with the cloud suggestions. We are moving to the cloud and cloud adoption rates are increasing.

Beads
Advocate I

Really need to qualify what it is you want to drive your career. Don't rack up certs in areas that you have no desire or responsibility in as that just looks hokey over time. Meeting people who have never audited or expressed any interest in doing so with auditor certificates is a bold letter example.

Obtain certs that help you achieve your career goals not just fill pixel space.

Good travels.

EvanPokroy
Newcomer I

I'm working on my CCSP, personally. There are also a number of good certs outside the local ecosystem. If you want something more hands on look into some of the pentesting certs.

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentis telum est .
Baechle
Advocate I

@bughunter449 wrote:

What certification can we go for next after CISSP, any suggestions?

General career builder:  PMP (and then maybe circle back around for the ISSMP or CCSP).

bughunter449
Newcomer I

Thanks everyone for the suggestions.. any good reads / book for CCSP