Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bayshob
Contributor I

What Strategy did you use to prepare for and eventually pass your CISSP?

What Strategy did you use to prepare for and eventually pass your CISSP? Strategies vary. Which strategy did you use?

32 Replies
FLee
Viewer II

Hi Fernando,

I have been doing this for a few years with my team.  I have cross-trained my team in forensics and incident response, and I assign junior staff to work with senior staff.  I think it is very necessary to do nowadays with the low numbers of security professionals available.  I also feel that growing staff this way helps with team building, career growth, and overall value of the job for retaining highly skilled staff.

ChisInfosec
Viewer II

Yep, many years of experience, then a weeks boot camp and final day exam. The experience means the questions can be answered from experience, the boot camp is there to remind, and fill in gaps if your experience doesn’t cover all the bases. And also for community and support!

Bayshob
Contributor I

Well done

Bayshob
Contributor I

Good. Well done

Bayshob
Contributor I

Good strategy

SDMair
Viewer

I wrote a blog article a while back on good exam technique. It may help you work out your strategy, so check it out at https://easycyber.net/2017/06/21/good-exam-technique-explained/

Bayshob
Contributor I

Good

Bayshob
Contributor I

Well done

Bayshob
Contributor I

Everyone that passed CISSP and earned CISSP has working experience. Its a requirement

Bayshob
Contributor I

Thank you for sharing your experience