Announcements
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month! We want to thank all of our
volunteers for all the hard work they do! Join us in celebrating!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Champion

Waiting for CCSP Endorsement

I submitted for my CCSP endorsement on 11-14-2017 and included my CISSP.  

Since being a CISSP is a shortcut in the endorsement paperwork I would think it would be easy to approve the endorsement. 

Something like the following process.

• CCSP test passed
  • Email received for the endorsement process
  • Candidate starts endorsement process
  • Candidate is a CISSP in good standing
  • Test results validated
  • Endorsement approved

It has been almost a month and still no word.  I can only think that my paperwork is in a queue with others that require validation of work history in specific domains.  If so, I guess I will have to wait 39 work days (like I did last year for my CISSP).

I do not mind waiting, I was just thinking that this process was optimized for one with a CISSP in good standing.

Have a great day,

Paul

16 Replies
Viewer II

Re: Waiting for CCSP Endorsement

It was in the very early days of the CCSP!

I faxed my form in where all I had to do was check CISSP in good standing, and I got my email back that my certification was awarded literally within 24 hours!  It sounds like the process has gone backwards quite a bit!

Tags (2)
Community Champion

@djcarter wrote:

It was in the very early days of the CCSP!

I faxed my form in where all I had to do was check CISSP in good standing, and I got my email back that my certification was awarded literally within 24 hours!  It sounds like the process has gone backwards quite a bit!

That is what I thought it would be, easy and quick.

But so far it looks like it might be like a normal endorsement window.

Paul

Tags (2)
Newcomer I

Congrats on passing the exam.

I passed earlier this year.

CISSP in good standing.

Endorsement took just over four weeks.

Tags (2)
(ISC)² Team

Hi Paul!

Even though you have the work experience (as a CISSP), we still have to process the endorsement as we do with all certs. We process all candidates in the order they were received. I checked with Member Services & you should have received a status update about a week ago. This would come via email - feel free to DM me if you didn't receive that so we can see what might be going on. It's been 4 weeks so far, but I expect we'll be done w/the process shortly!

Congrats on passing the exam!!
Tags (2)
Community Champion

@KaityEagle,

Thank you for clearing that up.  I understand and have no issue waiting in the queue.

It's like restoring a single file from a dense backup tape.  You insert the tape in the drive, queue up the job and wait.

Have a great day,

Paul

Tags (2)
Community Champion

I am happy to report the wait is over!  I received official word that the endorsement process is complete and I am now an (ISC)2 CCSP!!

I would like to thank the (ISC)2 team for building and offering this certification.

Paul, CISSP, CCSP

Tags (2)
Newcomer II

Passed CCSP on 2017-12-04, Got results email on 12-08.   Waiting for CCSP Endorsement  now  :-)

Community Champion

On Tuesday I received a very nice package from (ISC)2. 

Thank you (ISC)2!

CCSP.JPG 

Gez
Viewer

Hi

I passed my CCSP on March 07, 2018.
Just three days.
I am a CISSP and ISSMP already.
Hope the endorsement will be completed soon. I have submitted and the application is being reviewed.
What is the typical wait time?

Thank you

Gez