Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radioteacher
Community Champion

Waiting for CCSP Endorsement

I submitted for my CCSP endorsement on 11-14-2017 and included my CISSP.  

Since being a CISSP is a shortcut in the endorsement paperwork I would think it would be easy to approve the endorsement. 

Something like the following process.

• CCSP test passed
  • Email received for the endorsement process
  • Candidate starts endorsement process
  • Candidate is a CISSP in good standing
  • Test results validated
  • Endorsement approved

It has been almost a month and still no word.  I can only think that my paperwork is in a queue with others that require validation of work history in specific domains.  If so, I guess I will have to wait 39 work days (like I did last year for my CISSP).

I do not mind waiting, I was just thinking that this process was optimized for one with a CISSP in good standing.

Have a great day,

Paul

22 Replies
djcarter
Viewer II

It was in the very early days of the CCSP!

I faxed my form in where all I had to do was check CISSP in good standing, and I got my email back that my certification was awarded literally within 24 hours!  It sounds like the process has gone backwards quite a bit!

Radioteacher
Community Champion

@djcarter wrote:

It was in the very early days of the CCSP!

I faxed my form in where all I had to do was check CISSP in good standing, and I got my email back that my certification was awarded literally within 24 hours!  It sounds like the process has gone backwards quite a bit!

That is what I thought it would be, easy and quick.

But so far it looks like it might be like a normal endorsement window.

Paul

cec0172
Newcomer II

Congrats on passing the exam.

I passed earlier this year.

CISSP in good standing.

Endorsement took just over four weeks.

Kaity
Community Manager

Hi Paul!

Even though you have the work experience (as a CISSP), we still have to process the endorsement as we do with all certs. We process all candidates in the order they were received. I checked with Member Services & you should have received a status update about a week ago. This would come via email - feel free to DM me if you didn't receive that so we can see what might be going on. It's been 4 weeks so far, but I expect we'll be done w/the process shortly!

Congrats on passing the exam!!
Radioteacher
Community Champion

@Kaity,

Thank you for clearing that up.  I understand and have no issue waiting in the queue.

It's like restoring a single file from a dense backup tape.  You insert the tape in the drive, queue up the job and wait.

Have a great day,

Paul

Radioteacher
Community Champion

I am happy to report the wait is over!  I received official word that the endorsement process is complete and I am now an (ISC)2 CCSP!!

I would like to thank the (ISC)2 team for building and offering this certification.

Paul, CISSP, CCSP

userblei
Newcomer II

Passed CCSP on 2017-12-04, Got results email on 12-08.   Waiting for CCSP Endorsement  now  🙂

Radioteacher
Community Champion

On Tuesday I received a very nice package from (ISC)2. 

Thank you (ISC)2!

CCSP.JPG 

Gez
Newcomer I

Hi

I passed my CCSP on March 07, 2018.
Just three days.
I am a CISSP and ISSMP already.
Hope the endorsement will be completed soon. I have submitted and the application is being reviewed.
What is the typical wait time?

Thank you

Gez