cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Verma_Arvin
Newcomer I

Value/Realism of the Official CCSP Practice Tests

Greetings all,

As i'm ramping up my CCSP prep for a second attempt, I also purchased the official practice tests booklet. Now while going through it, it's certainly highlighting areas I need to brush up on but in all honesty, I'm scoring at least a 81%.

My question to those who have used it and passed, are these questions a true representation/close representation of what is on the exam or are the questions far more difficult in terms of context and application of cloud security principles?

Thanks in advance

3 Replies
Gary23
Newcomer II

As you noted, the tests allow you to brush up on the topics which are covered in the CBK.  They are somewhat direct in selecting the correct answer.

The value is that it tests your base knowledge.  The part they don't capture is the reading comprehension part of the test where you are given a question where you have several good answers.  You have to carefully parse the the question to figure out which answer is the best.

I think that is what makes the ISC2 tests so challenging. You have to have a real command of the subject to figure out the nuance within the question.  You have to be prepared for that when you start taking the test.

For what it's worth, I used the tests on the two Sybex books (CCSP study guide & CCSP test questions) and the McGraw-Hill book for my study resources.  I passed on the first time in June.

-Gary

Verma_Arvin
Newcomer I

Thanks very much for the response and the information.

I'm looking at this two-fold. 1st- as a test to evaluate knowledge learned and 2 - as close to real testing scenarios (which you both mentioned).

The questions in the practice test book is certainly hitting both those points (major points), but with my first experience with the exam,the question type and depth was quite different.

With the CISSP being in higher exposure, there was far more training material to comb through for preparation. For the CCSP, it's still a very new test and resources  are not as mature as others.

I'm currently taking the self paced training (fortunately learning new things during every session) and the practice tests. Hopefully, the knowledge and experiences gained will result in a this next attempt.

UnLucky
Viewer II

ISC2 wants you to take the test two or three times and they can collect the $$. I read the entire book to prepare and I know cloud since I setup the transport for AWS and AZURE over the past 5 years. The content in the book will not prepare you for the test. I have gleamed that it the test will focus on terms and test you on it and the book does not properly prepare you for the test.