Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Radioteacher
Community Champion

Updated CISSP-ISSAP Books and Courses

On July 1, 2017 (ISC)² released a new CBK for the CISSP-ISSAP concentration that changed many of the domains.  

When should candidates that would like to pursue this concentration expect updated books and courses offered that cover the new common body of knowledge?

Inquiring minds what to know.

Paul

P.S. Now that I have seen the top of the CISSP and CCSP mountains, I am looking for the next one to climb.

43 Replies
Textbook
Newcomer I

You took a course. I used the book only. However I took the cloud very and poof there was all the info missing from the ISSAP book

Sent from my iPhone
markhust
Newcomer I

So any update on the learning material ? I think still the 2nd version and related NIST reference are enough.

amandavanceISC2

@markhust  Unfortunately, we do not have an ETA at this time on the CISSP-ISSAP CBK.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best Regards,

Amanda Vance

masterminddrew3
Newcomer II

@amandavanceISC2 

Amanda,

ISC2 has us sign these Code of Ethics, but in my opinion, ISC2 is violating their own principles by not providing official study material for a test that it had updated way back in July.  Although there is a new "course" provided by ISC2, reviews have not been great from what I have seen online.  Third party providers continuously come back and say "we don't have really any materials for this, so we will guess".  Saying that the second edition of the CBK "...will not be updated at this time but is still a comprehensive resource that is relevant in preparing for the ISSAP." is akin to saying use GOOGLE.

This is just my opinion, but I feel as an ISSAP candidate that I am being setup to fail when taking this test.  Where is ISC2 guidance or help besides the FAQ?