Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CoreyO
Newcomer II

Training online for all, Please Share your best training sites

OK so I know in other forums here I have said a lot about all the material you can buy to get better. What I am looking for here is any training site tat are free to all. This is for everything. Example one I like a lot is the Microsoft Virtual Academy. They have some great security training for system admins. They have Badges that are not easy and the material is very good and beneficial.

Microsoft Virtual Academy - https://mva.microsoft.com/MyMVA/Dashboard.aspx

Kind Regards
CoreyO

Never let the Fear of striking out stop you from playing!!! - Babe Ruth

Every Strike out brings me closer to the next Home Run!!! - Babe Ruth
5 Replies
CoreyO
Newcomer II

The next I would recommend would be NOAA Comet - MetEd. First of all I love space and the weather. Why you say well with being in IT. They have a great training on space weather and how it impacts the communication channels and satellites. So if not for any other training than there Space Weather Basics Training which is short and great. It also gives you an understanding of how this phenomenon effect power grids and communications on planet earth. This is also a free site. I have done most of the space weather classes and the physics one ouch it is a handful. hope you like and keep learning!!!!

NOAA Comet - MetEd - https://www.meted.ucar.edu/index.php

Kind Regards
CoreyO

MrB
Viewer

I have found some decent content on cybrary.it A large amount of it is InfoSec related. You can pay for physical certificates and I believe that they have some sort of online certificate validation system. I may use that to support the site but there is a wealth of useful hands on education to be had there for no cost to the end user.
Anonymous
Not applicable

i used many of these sites and just share here all of them but i just can say there is no complete course that learn to us eveything we just have to looking for good instructor can help us to underestand base and can find our way if we can do that then is easy and we can growing fast and good

here are some of them i test and have good training course in cyber security

1-www.edx.org
2- www.coursera.org
3- cybrary.it
4- www.ocw.mit.edu
5-lagunita.stanford.edu
6- www.udemy.com

CoreyO
Newcomer II

Great info and I have used most and heard of all of them. Please everyone share more.

Kind Regards
CoreyO

sergeling
Contributor I

I use Pluralsight. The platform allow us to view the content from phone and then resume from PC once in the office or at home. They update the content pretty frequently and have pre-set learning path if you want to pickup and path and learn, such as infoSec, Linux...etc. Pluralsight often has free content, they also have 1 month free trial. Immediately after the 1 month free trial I approach my management and recommend it to be our team training platform since the infosec and other IT materials on pluralsight better than our previous platform.