Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pe4cissp
Viewer

Tips for cissp exam success

I plan on taking the exam in two weeks .  I have already used the SANS Institute CISSP prep training for review of the body of knowledge.  Based on the new CAT format of the exam, what would be the most efficient approach for "prepping" in these last two weeks.   Thanks for any helpful tips.

pe4cissp

4 Replies
Sec007
Newcomer I

I'd recommend reading 11th Hour and reviewing CISSP Sunflower v2 summary.  The former is a quick read and the latter is even better.  It provides a detailed outlined of the Domains. 

OS22783
Newcomer II

There are a ton of prep courses and books out there but I found that the best thing I could do was to not over think it and try not to stress about it (which is hard to do when you are shelling out that much cash for the test) but aside from remaining relaxed before and during the exam I found that after reading the books of your choice. Go through and take the practice quizzes after each chapter. Even more helpful for me was to simply go through and read the quiz answers in the back of the books because they are basically a condensed short version of what the book details out.

YMMV but after taking the exam I found myself thinking "oh, well that was easier than I thought" 

Most efficient method is subjective based on the individual in question. Most individuals, I would think will tell someone first hand knowledge, then understanding the concepts involved in each of the domains on the

Official practice exam questions (with the understanding that the intent is to get you to focus on content or contextual meaning of the questions). There is no hidden secret trick other than to know through exposure or have understood the contextual information provided through study of areas one felt they were lacking strength of knowledge in. There is no one solution that will provide all the information in one location which could be asked on the exam. Hence, "Inch deep, mile wide." I know that this is not the answer you are looking for and it may not actually have provided you with any information you did not already know. However, in all fairness, many have realized to late that just knowing what was in one book or by watching one set of training videos was not enough to pass the exam. One needs to have a broad knowledge base from which to pull all the possible information, (NIST SP, ISOs, Different frameworks (example: Zachman or OGAF), most of these should have been discussed in your studies, however, don't always think that the questions will directly address items by name, they may be addressed by concept. If someone tells you the answer then you should know the question.

Positive thoughts and wishes are with you

Romualds
Newcomer II

Be curious, work hard and hold on!