Re: Then Why Bother?

xpensiv1,

Amen to your follow-on reply... amen!

Lamont Robertson
M.S., M.A., CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, CDPSE, MCSE
Highlighted
Newcomer III

I can whole heartedly agree with you on the non-dilution of the exam. I have individuals in other departments who have now taken the exam 3 or 4 times and failed over the course of 3 or 4 years. I for lack of feeling at the moment to be soft hearted hear many individuals complain that the exam was to much of an English test, to hard to understand the questions, to long, etc. etc.. So yes, I guess that does equate to them whining. I can agree with the more recent level of complaining and individuals thinking that since there was a change in the exam format it would be easier. I have personally seen that over the last few months. I have many individuals that I work with that feel they studied more than enough to pass the exam and then fail and complain about not seeing any of the questions from the practice exams on the actual exam. Some complain that the information was not covered in the book (notice I said book) they read through. The has and always will an excuse.

Like you stated, if one fails take it as a learning experience and get busy correcting the issue(s) which cause the failure.

I am glad to see that individuals such as yourself refuse to give up easily and take every advantage of a learning opportunity.

I applaud you and wish for you nothing but success in your endeavor to get that certification.

Highlighted
Newcomer II

Interesting... I have not experienced any negativity. Could this be a regional thing? Everyone I have interacted with has been great. I fully agree with you, people in general really should be happy with life and career choices and if they are not happy then they have the power to make a change.

So another thing I noticed –

I’ve been attending a computer security professional group in the area.  It’s made up of attendees from large and small businesses, and some folks on the outside trying to break in.  Certifications is one of the topics that comes up over and over again.

So any time someone brings up the CISSP, half the crowd scoffs and the other half laughs.  Why is this?  What has happened to the CISSP reputation?  When I asked a few people at the meeting, the basically gave me a “Comon, you’re kidding right?” response.

What’s going on here?

I'm looking at you @CindyCullen because the group is in NJ...

Highlighted
Contributor I

@OS22783

Interesting... I have not experienced any negativity.

Because there hasn't been.  I haven't seen ONE instance of someone giving someone else a hard time in these forums for failing a test.  NOT ONCE.  

Rather this is what the OP posts when someone has an opinion different than his.