cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer II

Re: Staying Certified

@John

Do you happen to have the numbers.  I would be really interested in seeing the number of people who lost their certification for this reason. 

Highlighted
Newcomer III

I have no idea, though I think with enough effort, ISC2 could do it.  IIRC, there were 20 people in my seminar and 8 had expired certs.  And fewer than 8 showed-up for celebratory booze afterward.  Those that did show up said that the test is way harder than it used to be.

---
You only say it's impossible because nobody's done it and lived.
Highlighted
Contributor II

I think the CPE situation is what keeps the Webcast Industrial Complex in business.  So many SANS webcasts for CPEs... 🙂 Since the cash infusion lead by Ron Gula, Cybrary.it's content has gotten pretty good, too, and is a good source for CPE time.

-- wdf//CISSP, CSSLP
Highlighted
Viewer II

You also might consider courses at

- edX ... courses for free, certificates from 50 € ... e.g. "Cyber Security Economics" (10 weeks with 2-4h work per week)

- coursera ... "audit" courses for free, 33 € per month, if you want to have access to tests and get a certificate

There are many other online course providers you can choose from.

Highlighted
Viewer II

This thread is a good read.  I recently passed the CISSP and I’m waiting for official approval. Understanding the CPE requirement is important as discussed by others.  I appreciate the information!

Howard