Hello everyone. I will be starting my CISSP (online) course in about week. I am looking for any advise on study methods, material and/or specific areas of study I should concentrate on.
I have been in IT for about 20 years (Army) I have my CCNA, SEC+ and CEH
You might do well to search the forum as this question has been asked a few times.
If you read this and other threads you might then have some more specific questions, but otherwise we might just be repeating stuff. There’s a big list of resources as well.
@SamanthaO_isc2 I wonder if there could be a sticky at the top of these for some of the more popular threads on study advice? TVM
Well done on choosing to study to gain your CISSP. No doubt you will gain significant value from being certified and the things you will learn in your studies.
There are different methods of study that work for different people, but I will share with you my technique that has served me well to date.
1) Do the course. You're going to be covering A LOT of material in 5 days!
2) Give yourself a few days away from the books and study to process the teachings.
3) Start studying by using the Official CISSP Study guide. Give yourself enough time (1 to 2 months) to do this committing 2-3 hours per day for study.
4) At the end of each chapter of the Study guide, there is a quiz. If you can score 80% of higher in that chapter, move to the next chapter. If not, revise and try again.
5) Once you have done all the chapters, you may want to try the CISSP Official Practice Tests. Once you get 80% in these, schedule an exam.
Best of luck!
I am taking the course thru a Veteran education program. Which I will be done with Skillsoft and distant learning. I will have 60 days to complete the course and then 90 day access to practice exams. Which is good, so I don't have to adsorb everything during the 5 day course I am looking forward to getting started.