Announcements
April is Volunteer Appreciation Month! We want to thank all of our
volunteers for all the hard work they do! Join us in celebrating!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Champion

Simplified AMF Schedule

I hold the CISSP and the CCSP from (ISC)2.  My AMF totals $185. ($85 for the CISSP and $100 for the CCSP every year.)  

If a person had only one certification, the new schedule would raise their AMF from $85 to $125. Smiley Sad

The good news is you can prepay until July 1, 2019, at the old rate!  So if you have only one certification, I recommend playing them in full before July 1, 2019, to save a few dollars.

Under the new structure, I will save some money and only owe $125 every year.   So I will wait until the new rate starts and save a few dollars. Smiley Happy

Paul

PS My SANS instructor signed his book for me with the note, "$85 for life!" Smiley Happy

PPS I guess I will have to edit that to "$125 for life"

2 Replies
Newcomer II

Re: Simplified AMF Schedule

So, I am getting double-charged right now, since my CSSLP cycle starts January and my SSCP cycle starts March, and I just paid both of them for last year at the end of December.  And now I also have to pay for them for this year.  I may wait until the end of June!  Smiley Happy  Growing pains with change...

After that, though, I save $40 a year on the pair ($100 for CSSLP + $65 for SSCP replaced by $125 for (ISC)²). 

This might encourage earning more (ISC)² certifications after you have your first one, since now both AMFs paid and CPEs earned can count across all certifications.

But Paul @Radioteacher, unless you are super-close to retirement, I would not count on $125 for life!!  Smiley Happy

--- Kim Jordan, CSSLP, SSCP
Community Champion

Re: Simplified AMF Schedule

$125 for life is just me being optimistic.  I am sure that one day in the future it will go up.

Like you, I think that this new AMF structure will encourage others to attempt more (ISC)2 certifications.  

Paul