cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marcin
Newcomer I

Self endorsement for my CCSP

Hi all,

On 5th of March, I passed CCSP. As a CISSP in good standing, I self-endorsed myself. It's been almost three weeks and I still see the following message: "Your application has been received but processing by (ISC)² has not yet started."
Seriously, I would anticipate that less time is needed for someone who has been your member for a long time. That's another annoying experience with ISC2, and I wonder whether the organization has learnt anything after the disaster with the AMF big upgrade last year.

I really appreciate information whether it really takes up to 6 weeks. I'm guess that most of that time those endorsement requests are just in the queue waiting....

Regards,
Marcin

6 Replies
CISOScott
Community Champion

Same situation as you. Mine took a little over 7 weeks. I just think it is the queue that is the issue.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Every CCSP in waiting and his dog has moaned about this - including me! Smiley Tongue

According to Kaity you are forced to go through the full endorsement process (aside from the endorsement form being shortened to remove the experience details and mandating that ISC2 acts as your endorser) due to ANSI requirements and by that she means ANSI/ISO/IEC 17024:

https://community.isc2.org/t5/Member-Support/Why-does-self-certification-take-so-long/m-p/29079/high...

Marcin
Newcomer I

Thanks Alec! that explains at least how the process "works"...

AppDefects
Community Champion

Self-endorsement? Is that for real? 

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

@AppDefects wrote:

Self-endorsement? Is that for real? 

It's not quite the correct terminology but I understand what he means.

Strictly speaking, ISC2 endorse CCSPs who already hold the CISSP, with the CISSP effectively being used as an experience waiver - this should no longer be the case in my opinion as cloud has been around long enough for people to have earned the requisite years of direct experience by now.

However, with CISSP Concentrations that truly is self-endorsement.

Marcin
Newcomer I

Correct, the word "self-endorsement" probably was not the correct, but Alec explained well what was my intention.
Hopefully this clarifies confusion.