cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hkabitango
Newcomer I

SSCP certification without bacharel degree

Hello there,

I want to take SSCP Exam, but I am wondering also if I am eligible to take without bacharel degree.

I started college to take Telecommunications Engineer but I did not finished.

I have been working as a Network Analyst for almost 4 years with Network, Network Security, NOC Support, Virtualization and so on... I have some vendor and neutral-vendor certifications.

I have more experience required to take SSCP exam, but I do not have degree. So, What do you suggest? 

4 Replies
AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

You don't need to have a degree to take the exam - if you do have one you could use it to completely waive the one year of work experience requirement.

With having worked in a NOC for four years doing some security tasks I would think you have the experience requirement covered, but check the SSCP exam outline for the tasks/subtasks associated with each domain to see if you have at least a year of cumulative experience doing at least one of those tasks from at least one domain.

Even if you don't meet the experience requirement you can still take the exam and become an Associate while you earn the experience.

hkabitango
Newcomer I

Firstly thanks to reply Mr. @AlecTrevelyan !

Actually I worked on NOC for almost 1 year and all 3 years working with support on network, doing the all domain 6 task till now. I think for sure the I have 3 years taking all tasks of the Domain 6 - Network and Communications Security.

What I wouldn't like is to take exam and be a Associate instead of Certified I do wanna make sure!

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

You're very welcome, @hkabitango!

Sounds like you're good to go, so I'll wish you good luck with your studies!

hkabitango
Newcomer I

Thanks for helping @AlecTrevelyan