Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lunker
Viewer

SSCP / Work Verification Question

I am a long time (19 years) system administrator for a healthcare center.  I have recently been promoted to IT Director and although I am not required, I plan on getting my SSCP and then work towards my CISSP.

My question is do you simply train, test and then validate your work experience, or do you have to validate before hand?

Thanks in advance,
Jason

2 Replies
AppDefects
Community Champion

@lunker wrote:

My question is do you simply train, test and then validate your work experience, or do you have to validate before hand?

Dude, congrats on the promo! Experience is what counts in passing and excelling at the exam. Know your strengths and weaknesses. Sit down and formally map your knowledge and experience to BOTH certification blueprints. Do that SELF-EVALUATION to create a focused learning plan. Doing that also makes it easier for an endorser to validate your experience AFTER you pass the exam.

AlecTrevelyan
Community Champion

Just to clarify, ISC2 will not provide validation of your experience prior to receiving your endorsement application so the order of events is as you stated:

Train, test and then validate your work experience (by submitting an endorsement application).