cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatKrax
Viewer III

SSCP Exam

Hello, 

Can someone please point me to where I can learn about the new SSCP exam.  I heard it will be changing at the end of the year and I would like to know where I can order study guides - will current study guides be sufficient? I plan on taking the test in Dec. 2018

16 Replies
vt100
Community Champion

Look-up Naresh Gupta on LinkedIn. He is running free CCSP prep courses.

Naresh Gupta

Damyen
Newcomer II

I passed the CCSP on my second attempt on Sept 31. I used the following books to study. All available on Amazon:

The Official Guide (ISC)2 Guide to the CCSP CBK by Gordon CCSP

Official (ISC)2 Practice Test by Ben Malisow

CCSP (ISC)2 Certified Cloud Security Professional Official Study Guide by Brian T. O'Hara and Ben Malisow

Between my first attempt and second attempt picked up an AWS Certification and studied for the AWS security certification, thus I read all their white papers. The AWS certs gives you the hands on experience and makes the theoretical concepts mention in the three books concrete.

I only had a vague concept my first attempt, but by my second I had a deeper understanding because of working with AWS. It is important to do all the exams in the Practice Test book (about 1000 questions), this will help reinforce what you learned and help identify problem areas that require additional study. It took me about 4 months of study to prepare for the exam, studying about 1 -2 hours each day. It was a tough exam, not as difficult as the CISSP, but once you are down you will have pretty in depth understanding of cloud security.

yash22
Viewer II

Hello Pat, 

I am taking the test in november. Maybe we could exchange information to work as a team? 

wentzwu
Newcomer III

I just passed the CCSP exam on 7th Sep, 2018.

The following is what I used to prepare for this exam:

It helps to pass this exam having some hands-on experience in cloud computing, ex. Azure and/or AWS, and sticking to the official CCSP CBK and study guide.

Best regards,
Wentz Wu, CISSP-ISSMP,ISSEP,ISSAP/CCSP/CSSLP
https://WentzWu.com
harra
Viewer III

Hi PatKrax,

From where did you get the information that the exam will change this year?

Regards,

Harry

LBednar
Newcomer I

Gupta's "courses" are not free ($550USD).  

His "mentoring" may be free, but there's no indication on his site precisely what that entails.

NarcoosseeFLUSA
Newcomer I

Thanks!
crystal_waston
Newcomer II

The (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is a terrific entry-level information security certification, and it is the ideal precursor for the much sought after Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).

CraginS
Defender I

@crystal_waston wrote:

The (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is a terrific entry-level information security certification, and it is the ideal precursor for the much sought after Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).

Crystal, Crystal Crystal!

We've been through this before! When you plagiarize a web site for your non-helpful posts, you should at least cite your source. Interesting that you are now repeating a site, UDemy in this case.

https://www.udemy.com/isc2-systems-security-certified-practitioner-sscp-part-12/

says

"The (ISC)2 Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) is a terrific entry-level information security certification, and it is the ideal precursor for the much sought after Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP).

This well-known, global IT security certification offers instant credibility. And it’s an excellent way to expand your cybersecurity knowledge — particularly if you’re in a hands-on, operational IT role or you’re building a foundation in information security."

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts