cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cb3dwa
Newcomer I

SSCP Exam

hi all,

i have been studying for a couple of months and have the exam booked for next week, decided to buy the official practice test book. just completed one of the practical tests 125 questions and only scored 68%. i feel conference i know all the domains but struggling with understanding what some of the question are looking for. It feels like i have to read into the question and its a 50 50 call. hope this makes sense

for example

George is assisting a prosecutor with a case against a hacker who attempted to break into the computer systems at George’s company. He provides system logs to the prosecutor for use as evidence, but the prosecutor insists that George testify in court about how he gathered the logs. What rule of evidence requires George’s testimony?

A - Hearsay

B - Parol Evidence Rule

C - Best Evidence Rule

D - Testimonial Evidence

The answer is A but i'm not sure how they come to that conclusion based on the question, should i just guess that George is not the administrator 

5 Replies
dcontesti
Community Champion

@cb3dwa wrote:

hi all,

i have been studying for a couple of months and have the exam booked for next week, decided to buy the official practice test book. just completed one of the practical tests 125 questions and only scored 68%. i feel conference i know all the domains but struggling with understanding what some of the question are looking for. It feels like i have to read into the question and its a 50 50 call. hope this makes sense

So we used to tell people not to read anything into the question that is not there.....sometimes we want to read more into the question than is there.

for example

George is assisting a prosecutor with a case against a hacker who attempted to break into the computer systems at George’s company. He provides system logs to the prosecutor for use as evidence, but the prosecutor insists that George testify in court about how he gathered the logs. What rule of evidence requires George’s testimony?

A - Hearsay

B - Parol Evidence Rule

C - Best Evidence Rule

D - Testimonial Evidence

The answer is A but i'm not sure how they come to that conclusion based on the question, should i just guess that George is not the administrator 

First I am surprised that this question is there.  I hold both the CISSP and the SSCP and I don't agree that A is correct.

For me, testifying in court on how the logs were collected, I would suggest that D is more correct as he is speaking to something that  he physically did and has first hand knowledge of.

So agree with your assumption that for A to be correct, he is not the admin and did not collect the evidence.

Are the questions, you are using from (ISC)2 ?  Just my two cents, anyone else?

cb3dwa
Newcomer I

Thanks for the response, this is from the official (ISC)2 book. Below is taken from the book (please note the order is different)

I can only hope the exam is not formatted the same way

Capture.JPG

dcontesti
Community Champion

Well based on that explanation, I would definitely not get the question right.

cb3dwa
Newcomer I

Thanks, I think I will stick to the not reading into the question in the exam.

Blain
Viewer II

Yes, because they’re not using him as an expert opinion and that it could be considered hearsay.  I took the SSCP exam last week and didn’t do well, even though I was averaging 85-100 on all the practice exams.  I don’t think they properly prepare you.  I have since bought the ISC2 official study guide and this seems more in line with the questions that I saw.  Just my .02, and good luck!