Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraginS
Defender I

Re: CISSP Associate or SSCP

@tarunmakkar, if you already have the necessary experience to qualify for SSCP, take the exam, document that experience, and seek a member endorsement for SSCP; don't bother with the Associate status at all. If you do not have the required experience for SSCP or CISSP, then pick the work areas you are doing and plan to do and take whichever exam supports that work. Once passed, become an Associate of (ISC)2 and accumulate the experience so you can receive the endorsement and become certified.

Do not think that the SSCP is a pathway to CISSP; it represents a different skill set and job type

Every certification from (ISC)2 requires passing an exam, completing a professional experience requirement, and obtaining an endorsement by an existing member holding a certification. The Associate of (ISC)2 is a member of the organization who has passed one exam, but has not yet accrued sufficient professional experience to seek a member endorsement to become certified. Once certified, a member does not pass

through the Associate member status when pursuing additional certifications.

P.S. This thread should be moved from Customer Support to Certifications. Can a moderator take care of that change?

D. Cragin Shelton, DSc
Dr.Cragin@iCloud.com
My Blog
My LinkeDin Profile
My Community Posts
0 Replies