Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer II

Re: Provisionally Passed CISSP Exam today 10/29/2018

@dreastans I've heard so many individuals make the same statement of they took a training class or bootcamp that was nothing like the actual exam and it didn't help them. I am a firm believer of old fashion reading and highlighted key points in a book to pass an exam. Thats just my view but i understand everyone learns differently.
Viewer II

Congratulations!!!
Reader II

Congrats! In the process of studying now and planning to take the exam early next year. I'm using some of the same materials such as CCCURE, Sybex 8th edition, PocketPrep, and 11th hour. Also using Skillsoft, LinkedIn Learning, and Cybrary videos. Also, Cybrary (Kelly Handerhan) and Shon Harris MP3's while commuting. Does seem like a marathon and not a sprint. Congrats again! 

Newcomer II

Yes it is certainly a Marathon and not a sprint. This exam you truly have to respect it . You have all the appropriate tools to pass it and I doubt that want pass it. The good thing about it is you only have to pass it once and then it’s all behind you. Make sure you come back and update me on your success.
Highlighted
Newcomer II

Yes it is certainly a Marathon and not a sprint. This exam you truly have to respect it . You have all the appropriate tools to pass it and I don’t doubt that you want pass it. The good thing about it is you only have to pass it once and then it’s all behind you. Make sure you come back and update me on your success.
Newcomer II

Congrats and thanks for sharing your notes.

It is a tough exam and any help is always appreciated!

Newcomer I

Congratulations, I passed the CiSSP exam in June of 2005 and have been an active member since that time. Your choice of study materials was right inline with what I suggest to all up and coming CISSP's at my work location. Keep up your certification CPE's as you proceed through out the year and you will find staying certified and current are easy to accomplish.
Newcomer I

Thank you for the validation of my study methods. I actually took the advice of several CISSPs

Sent from my iPhone
Newcomer II

Thank you KenBunce, congratulations on your achievement as I'm sure the exam was much harder back then. I plan to keep up with the CPE's as much as possible so that I don't have to go back down this path again. Any advice on some easy CPE's?
Newcomer II

Your welcome. Just stay focused. Once you pass it you don't have to take it again and I promise you will feel the relief. I'm still in study mode as I m currently preparing for the CISSP-ISSAP, CAP, CISA CCSP, PMP and possibly the CRISC. Hope to be done by the Fall of next year. Got to do it while your in the study mode.