Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Newcomer III

Re: Please help: CISSP Failed after attempting all 150 questions - Need advice

@Baechle thank you very much for this informative and useful overview about calculating CISSP exam results.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Community Champion

A perplexing and difficult experience. The first thing to do is to forgive, move forward and do a post mortem review of what went right and tweak what went less well.

I was astounded that the questions kept coming, so I decided the time was then to breathe calmly and look for obvious illogic. One I discounted the obvious howlers, I sought to see what I call the "truthiest" answer.

I think the exam is there not just to test for knowledge, but also to test for experience and sharp thinking. In my practice, when I did not know an answer I went through that process. Often, my guess was the right one.

I based myself on the 2015! version of the Sybex book because the 2018 version wasn't available when I started.

As far as test day went, I really relaxed the night before and booked an afternoon appointment so I could be at my peak.

Planning, planning, planning is the way to tackle this sucker. I know you will succeed!

Highlighted
Newcomer I

So encouraging to hear. Thank you sir. I read only from Shon Harris last time. I did not have the patience to read the book for more than once. Now I bought the ISC2 Sybex 2018 edition and also the ISC2 test papers. Reading them as slowly as I can. This time, I am going to give a tough fight 🙂
Highlighted
Newcomer I

Re: CISSP Failed after attempting all 150 questions - Need advice

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I am taking your inputs and preparing myself accordingly.
Newcomer I

Thank you so much Eric ! Very well explained ! 🙂