cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Pearson VUE Online Proctored Exam

Hi,

Is there any plan on start allowing people to take exams like CSSLP in online proctored mode?

In my case I have just finished my second Oracle certification using this, and I feel that I could retake CSSLP if there is any possibility of taking the exam in this way. Apart of Coronavirus, I think that you should move forward with this because many people doesn’t live near official test centers (in my case I would need to go to Madrid or Barcelona which is 3 hours away from my region in Spain).

Btw, I have checked your web site and it looks like that as of today there is no way of taking the exam in Spain. All official test centers are closed, and I feel that will be the same situation in many countries around the world.

Regards,

4 Replies
denbesten
Community Champion

Here is the official (ISC)² statement regarding your question.  

https://www.isc2.org/Notice/COVID-19-Response-Online-Exams

If you search this community for the past 2 months, you will find a few threads regarding various member's opinions regarding online exams. 

fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Hi,

I see their point, but they need to understand that world is changing quickly (and more in the last times).

At this moment, if I want to do an ISC2 exam I need to drive more than 6 hours, I need to put in risk my health (and other people health), and I have to wear a mask during the 4 hours of the CSSLP exam. On the other hand, I have done 3 certifications in the past few months (2 Oracle and 1 AWS) without moving from my home. I was thinking on retaking CSSLP as my next thing, but given the circumstances I believe that I will move forward with other things.

Regards,

Shannon
Community Champion

I can sympathize: a lot of my colleagues used this time to take exams related to Oracle, Microsoft and Huawei with online proctoring --- I'd planned to take a shot at the CCSP, but found out that it's not among the exams PearsonVUE offers online.

Taking the exam at a test center would require flying to another state for me, and is definitely a risk during the pandemic --- also considering that travelling may not be feasible & the test centers may be closed.  Man Sad

Shannon D'Cruz,
CISM, CISSP

www.linkedin.com/in/shannondcruz
fgarcialainez
Newcomer III

Hi,

As of today, I think that the only exams that can be taken online are the following (just checked in Pearson web site).

https://www.isc2.org/Training/Secure-Software-Practitioner-Suites

Does anyone can tell us why those exams are available in online mode but not others :)?

Btw, is worth to take this kind of Secure Software Practitioner certifications? What are the requirements? I could be interested in some of them...

Regards,