Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Newcomer I

Re: Passed the CCSP exam - my recommendations

Yes, a very much deserved congratulations your way.  This exam to me really sucked IMHO.  It tests on material that is NOT in any of the study guides or the Adams video, or areas that I don't think specifically are for CCSP concern (database?).  I've written exams for (ISC)2, so I THOUGHT I knew the syntax.  Nope.  Took it 3x and worse result was last.  That was it for me.  If (ISC)2 wasn't such a money grubbing org and gave discounts for 2nd+ tries as some other orgs do, I bet more forgiving.  So from my vantage point, people who can pass that exam - hats off!

Newcomer I

Hi There

Well I am not sure about the sequence but I read the sybex book first and then the CBK twice (back to back). That's all.

I would highly recommend the CSA cloud security paper though.

Cheers

Newcomer I

Bro

Giving you pep talk is no use because you know the drill. My only thought, don't let the money go waste. BTW how are you preparing?

Some people go with videos and short things. I go the longest way. cert secondary learning first. So if you can do the sybex book twice, cbk twice, csa cloud security 3.1 twice and then the ISC2 exam paper (1000 questions) once only and in the end edusum tests. I know it's a lot but that was my way. no videos, no short courses, no other stuff.

Another thing to keep in mind you will find new tech, terms and concepts in the isc2 prac tests and edudum tests. research those things on internet. that's it.

I hope you bounce back.

Viewer II

just read sybex once ??

Newcomer I

@n0rg wrote:

Yes, a very much deserved congratulations your way.  This exam to me really sucked IMHO.  It tests on material that is NOT in any of the study guides or the Adams video, or areas that I don't think specifically are for CCSP concern (database?).  I've written exams for (ISC)2, so I THOUGHT I knew the syntax.  Nope.  Took it 3x and worse result was last.  That was it for me.  If (ISC)2 wasn't such a money grubbing org and gave discounts for 2nd+ tries as some other orgs do, I bet more forgiving.  So from my vantage point, people who can pass that exam - hats off!

Dude, don’t give up. I suggest taking a bootcamp to prepare for the exam. After you pass the exam on your 4th attempt, ask your employer to cover the cost for your first three attempts.

Xin
Viewer II

Passed CISSP exam today!  Finished 150 questions at the last minute!   The documents I used are  ISC official study guide and student book.  Also I reviewed all ITDOJO on youtube. Nothing else.