Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Simon_Johnson
Newcomer I

Passed the CCSP exam - My Thoughts

I Passed the Certified Cloud Security Professional exam on Tuesday
https://www.isc2.org/Certifications/CCSP

Key Learning Point: "Ensure whatever you deploy into the cloud is more secure than whatever you deploy in-house"

For anyone interested in doing this exam I recommend the following.

Do CISSP first (I was able to answer a lot of questions because of the research I did for CISSP)
Read the CCSP CBK book - ISBN 978-1-119-27672-2 (Twice)
Read the CSA - Security Guidance for critical Areas of focus in cloud computing v3.0 (Free Download)
Read the CSA - The Treacherous 12 (Free Download)
Read the CSA - Cloud Control Matrix (Including the New GDPR section) (Free Download)
Read the Jerico - Cloud Cube Model
Read - OWASP top 10
Ensure you understand encryption
Ensure you understand virtualization technologies
Ensure you understand the core difference between IAAS, PAAS, SAAS

Exam Prep:
Read all Of the above
Free Flash Cards from ISC2 (Downloadable to iPhone and I think android)

CCCure Exam Prep - Accessible from your desktop https://www.cccure.education/ (Paid about £50-60) Helps get into the frame of mind and question format. Not many questions found on actual exam, but still worth it.

Studied for six weeks (But CISSP helps a lot)

The Exam

125 questions in 240 Mins - Did mine in about 120 mins (70% Pass required)
Multiple Guess - straight questions but a lot of scenario based questions
More of a management approach than technical exam.
Yes I found it hard. Very broad questions (Alot of my knowledge came from doing CISSP)

30 Replies
Kwicks
Newcomer I

Thank you for the summary Simon. I hope to take (and pass) the CCSP exam this year, the list of study materials is great.

IliaTiv
Newcomer I

Congrats Simon!

All the materials are indeed useful, I had the pleasure to also be sent to a course led by Kevin Jackson which helped as well.
I took the exam around June/July 2016, and at the time I found the exam used some terms that were not discussed in the CCSP CBK.

I'd also note that CCSK v4 which is out is also a little more aligned now to CCSP than it was before.

All the best to test takers.

ChrisR-M
Viewer II

Simon

I would agree entirely completed my Exam in Oct 2017, the content is based on and was created in collaboration with the Cloud Security Alliance, so a good understating of their approach goes a long way.

Richard_B
Viewer III

Congratulations.  Great reading list.  I passed CCSP about a year ago and have read your CSA references as background refresher.  Completely agree that CISSP first is essential.

DavidSaylor
Viewer III

Congratulations and thanks for the report and advise.

Hockeysec
Viewer II

Congratulations Simon and thanks for the information as it is the next thing on my list and I shall be using your list as a starting point - I am presuming that there is no app for your mobile as I found when I did my CISSP prep doing practice questions was invaluable.

Janice

Rishalin
Viewer II

Thanks for sharing this 🙂
mbishaey
Viewer II

Congratulations Simon

Regards,

Michael

rsequeira_b
Newcomer I

Thanks Simon for all the detailed inputs . I am starting to study now and I am sure all your inputs will come handy .. Cheers Roshan 

Romualds
Newcomer II

Congratulations and welcome to the CCSP family!